Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month of July 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month of July 2011! (122 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month of July 2011!

1. 1969 John Deere 110 Patio (26 votes [21.31%])

Percentage of vote: 21.31%

2. 1945 John Deere Lindeman (17 votes [13.93%])

Percentage of vote: 13.93%

3. 1977 Ford LGT165 (23 votes [18.85%])

Percentage of vote: 18.85%

4. 1963 Bolens 800 (16 votes [13.11%])

Percentage of vote: 13.11%

5. 1957 Rugg Rugg-ed Rider (7 votes [5.74%])

Percentage of vote: 5.74%

6. 1964 Cub Cadet 100 (15 votes [12.30%])

Percentage of vote: 12.30%

7. 1978 Murray 11/36 (4 votes [3.28%])

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

8. Voted 1969 John Deere 112 Patio (7 votes [5.74%])

9. 1968 Montgomery Wards Hydro 12 (7 votes [5.74%])

Vote

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 11:02 AM

Voting for GTtalk Featured Tractor of the Month for the month of July 2011 has now officially started and will end the last day of June. The theme for this month is "Show your colors" to show our patriotism since July is a Patriotic month.

The winner will be featured on the front page for the entire month of July starting on the 1st of the month and will be in our featured tractors section for infinity :D

Here is a list of the nominees in no special order:

• 1969 John Deere 110 Patio - MAV
  • 1945 John Deere Lindeman - jdcrawler
  • 1977 Ford LGT165 - KennyP
  • 1963 Bolens 800 - Trent Thomson
  • 1957 Rug Rugg-ed Rider - akretowicz
  • 1964 Cub Cadet 100 - IHCubGuy
  • 1978 Murray 11/36 - 1978murray
  • John Deere 112 Patio - Tex Tractor Jack
  • 1968 Montgomery Ward Hydro 12 - texas deere and horse

Before voting please be sure to check out all the entries in the posts below. :D

Please remember that the winning tractor cannot be nominated again for a full year. Thanks and good luck!

#2 MAV OFFLINE  

MAV

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 487
  • 108 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted June 02, 2011 - 08:58 AM

Ok George I will start.

I am going to nominate my 1969 John Deere 110 Custom Color (patio). Custom Color tractors where built from the years 1969 to 1971. The frame and body was painted Dogwood White and the customer had their choice of colors for the hood and seat in Patio Red, Spruce Blue, Sunset Orange, or April Yellow. The 110 came with a 8hp Kohler engine, 4speed gear drive transmission. Several attachment could be bought for the Custom Color tractors in Dogwood White also. The 1969 model year is the only year that did not specify that it was a Custom Color in the serial number and was the only year to have the engine painted white.

I picked this up several years ago sitting behind a garage. When I brought it home it didn't run, but just needed a tune up to get it going. While I would be working on it my son would be sitting on the seat pretending to drive it. After I got it running we made several trips around the neighborhood. Now the tractor just gets used for shows and parades, but I have used to in the past to pull the lawn sweep, and lawn cart. Have also taken it to a plow day (did not plow though) and last year took it to the John Deere Expo in Springfield Ohio.

Except for the rims it still has the original paint on it. In the picture you can see that I have a 43c grader blade attached. Yes I do have the blue seat that matches the hood but for parades I put the red seat on that I find at the Massey dealer on a MF7.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15397[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15396[/ATTACH]

Mark

Attached Thumbnails

• 69 110 Flags 1.jpg
  • 69 110 Flags 2.jpg

#3 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted June 03, 2011 - 09:48 AM

..... My entry for "Show Your colors". .....
We display the flag on the crawler at every tractor show that we attend.
The flag is mounted on the loader so it can be raised up and fly high and proud.
These photos were taken at a tractor show several years ago.

The "flag holder" is a 1945 John Deere Lindeman BO crawler that I rebuilt back in 1978.
These crawlers have a John Deere B powerplant ( engine, transmission, radiator, gas tank & hood )
The Lindeman Company of Yakima Washington, made all the parts to to make it into a crawler.
They were marketed mostly for the hilly orchard county on the west coast.
Production of these crawlers was from 1938 thru 1947 and 1,675 crawlers were built during that 9-year period.

The bucket loader is off an old Massey Harris Ferguson tractor and was adapted by me to fit on to the crawler.
I used this crawler on a regular basis around the property for 23 years but it is now retired and is mostly just displayed at shows.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,489 Thanks
  • 39,723 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 01:21 PM

I would like to nominate my 1977 Ford LGT 165. Since I live in the USA, it is always patriotic with it's paint scheme. (Unbeknownst to me, the Ford and windmill got together to show off their colors). I have had this tractor for a little over six months. When purchased, the Ford came with a set of chains, a 48" trip blade, 42" mower deck, 10" plow, and a 36" tiller.

So far, I have only used it to till my little garden. I have mostly been getting the motor back in shape and getting some paint on to slow the rust. I am going to continue to get the mechanics in shape this summer and build a few items to add to the tow hitch and tooth bar(harrow teeth). Hopefully, we won't get a large snow like we had last winter. But, if we do, I feel confident the Ford will get the job done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15536[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15537[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15538[/ATTACH]

I will look for some new rollers for the mower deck, and if these can be purchased cheaply, I will rework the PO's welds and get the mower working again. The spindles seem to be good.

The windmill does have a blue center, just hard to make out in the pics. George, here's the closest I could come to a T-shirt seat cover. Need to buy one of yours.(These comments may be omitted if need be)

Attached Thumbnails

• Image001.jpg
  • Image002.jpg
  • Image003.jpg

#5 Trent Thomson OFFLINE  

Trent Thomson

• Member No: 2375
  • 188 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted June 11, 2011 - 07:31 AM

O.K. I guess I'll give it a shot. This is my 63 Bolens 800. I got this tractor 8 years ago when I was looking for an engine for the old National reel mower that I had. When I actually got it home and started to do some homework on this homly little beast, I decided that I would not be transplanting the the Wisconsin S7D engine. It stayed where it belonged. I had the engine rebuilt about 6 years ago but rarly used it. The it all came to an end when the coil burned out 3 years ago and have been trying to get it running ever since. I nearly gave up on her ,that is until I came upon this site and my excitement renewed. With the knowledge from some members I was told to switch to an automotive coil, and of course that worked.Thanks for that. I then could not just stop there. It was my plan ever since I got it to restore it, and now would be the right time. I started to dismantal it about 2 months ago, and piece by piece painted it and put it all together. The colors are as close to original as I could find. Finally it is finished and works quite well, with only a few things left to tinker on. I do still need decals and repair to steering wheel. That will be done in the summer sometime. I have a few different style decks that I can use on it, a snowthrower, rear mount pto driven sprayer, homemade front blade, plow, scufflers, and a hiller. I just have not yet decided "IF" i will use them on the 800 or keep it as a show peice. So up north of the border here our colors are red and white.I thought I would go with a before and after pic to show our colors.
Before ( RED)[ATTACH=CONFIG]15805[/ATTACH] and after (WHITE)[ATTACH=CONFIG]15806[/ATTACH]. In case the colors have to be in the same pic I swapped out the seat (RED and WHITE)[ATTACH=CONFIG]15807[/ATTACH]. Enjoy. I know I will.

Attached Thumbnails

• 103_1093.jpg
  • 103_1237.jpg
  • 103_1244.jpg

#6 akretowicz OFFLINE  

akretowicz

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2090
  • 148 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted June 11, 2011 - 09:02 PM

Okay, I will throw in my little Rugg-ed Rider. As far as I am able to tell, it is approximately a 1957-58 model. As most of you already know, the little guy is being stripped to parade rest for an attempt to get running and eventually mobile. I did acquire it early last summer and it has sat in a garage ever since. It has the Clinton VS1100 engine. Which I am now attempting to get running. currently dealing with ignition issues, as I am not able to get spark.

The eventual plan is to keep him as original as possible. Many of the original decals are still sharp and clear, so may be able to mask those off to repaint. One thing I can say about my little guy is he is small but robust! Every component is either steel or cast iron. Tough as nails, he is. New tires on the rear is also in order. I do not [ATTACH=CONFIG]15851[/ATTACH]imagine I will ever use him to mow with. More than likely show him, and put him in a parade or two. I do hope that my little guy appeals to you[ATTACH=CONFIG]15850[/ATTACH]r sense of compassion, as I sure did feel sorry for him when I first laid eyes on him. I am making an attempt at giving him a new lease on life.[ATTACH=CONFIG]15849[/ATTACH] A few shots of him. One in the old shed was as I found him. In the pickup anticipating the ride to his new home. And now, in my garage awaiting his transformation.

Attached Thumbnails

• 3484015648_5b183991cb_z.jpg
  • Rugg Project 014.jpg
  • Rugg.jpg

#7 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 08:08 PM

Seems like some stiff competition but since there doesn't seem to be others rolling in I will nominate my 1964 Cub Cadet 100. I use this tractor for mowing duties every week at my property as well as to mow my neighbors lawn. I also do some custom mowing for a friend once every other week with at well. In the winter it see's snow duty behind a 42 inch blade and I also use it at plowdays as well. It also sees work in front of a lawn cart and pulling my lawn sweeper and it has attended a few shows and been in parades as well.

It started off it's life as a model 70 but when I acquired it the engine was long gone and it was no more than a rollling chassis. I had an old K241 Kohler from a Wheel Horse in the shop so I dropped that in instead of the 7hp. With the exception of the engines a 70 and a 100 were the same machines so I have no guilt over calling this a 100 now instead of a 70. There were no fenders on it when I purchased it and the steering wheel was badly crooked as well as the hood being damaged. I fixed the hood and opted to change the steering wheel out to one from a later model 82 series and boy does it make a difference in steering. It feels so much lighter now than before. I also decided very early on in the project to paint it like a CaseIH tractor. Changing the colors and the steering wheel was part of making it look more modern and to change it to something different. I also changed 2nd gear from the low speed found in 100's to the high speed gear set from a 106.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15917[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15918[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_1377.jpg
  • 100_1378.jpg

#8 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 02:34 PM

I would like to nominate my panzer 1107 and murray 11/36.

The murray on the right is the tractor my dad and I restored a year ago. It is a 1978 model and has a 11 hp briggs that is all original. It is sporting a american flag in the hood and ol glory behind her. This tractor by itself says america with its red paint and its MADE IN THE U.S.A sticker.

The tractor on the left is a 196? panzer 1107. This tractor hasn't been in the colection for long, but is one of my favorites. In the photo it is sporting american flags on the deck lift and the drive control. It is also blue and with the murray beside it the colors make red, white, and blue.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15946[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15949[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15947[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15950[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15948[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo0267.jpg
  • Photo0265.jpg
  • Photo0269.jpg
  • Photo0268.jpg
  • Photo0266.jpg

#9 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 05:17 PM

Ok, I'm nominating for two people. First 1 is Member"Tex Tractor Jack". My dad's 1969 John Deere 112Patio.The Patio Series was the brain child of Deere to get the suburban area market's to buy a JD, but not in it's classic Green and Yellow. The market strategies failed terribly and Deere quit producing them only after 3 years. The Custom Color (Patio) Series is one of the most popular tractor to collect, not only for Deere collectors, but collectors of all brands.

We got this tractor at the local JD dealer in my home town. I had stopped by to check on suitcase weights. It was sitting there just waiting for me to take her home. We are planning a full restoration in the future, but for now it will stay in her work clothes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15953[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15952[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• P6130009.jpg
  • P6130006.jpg

Edited by Texas Deere and Horse, June 13, 2011 - 11:16 PM.
had to change info about tractor

#10 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 05:23 PM

The second nominee is my Montgomery Wards Hydro 12 made by Gilson Tractor Co. We think it's a 1968, but are not sure of year yet. It has 12 hp. Briggs in it and also has hydraulic lift. The hub caps are factory orginal also.

I got this tractor from my buddy Matt in north TX. on a trade we did a couple months ago. It runs like a champ and pulls as good as any other 12HP tractor I've owned. Up until 3 or 4 months ago, I didn't know a thing about these machines, but they are nice tractors. She is also in her original work clothes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15957[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15956[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• P6130009.jpg
  • P6130008.jpg

#11 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 06:28 PM

Start casting them votes :D

#12 Encrypt OFFLINE  

Encrypt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 502
  • 9 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 06:54 PM

Great looking tractors for this month! Good luck!!!

#13 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 09:11 PM

I'm sure glad that we ended up with more than just three tractors.
Thank you all for pitching in.

Edited by jdcrawler, June 14, 2011 - 08:50 AM.

#14 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted June 14, 2011 - 08:19 PM

comon only 1 vote, there made in america. They are part of the USA

#15 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 14, 2011 - 08:39 PM

comon only 1 vote, there made in america. They are part of the USA

There are three of them with one vote which is surprising considering they are all great entries. I haven't voted yet because I can't decide. :D