#1 Zekkjacen OFFLINE  

Zekkjacen
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 38932
  • 146 Thanks
  • 192 posts

Posted April 21, 2017 - 02:00 PM

I have a 5020H.  Looking for some advice.  To my understanding, The Duratrac and 5020H will share all of their attachments.  Particular to me, the rototiller.  I have a tiller from a GTX and have not mounted it yet. Just wanted to be certain I won't run into any issues when hooking up the driveshaft.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,185 Thanks
  • 8,897 posts

Posted April 21, 2017 - 04:39 PM

There are some tables in the Manuals Section that show which Bolens attachments fit which Bolens Tractors.  It may take alittle digging to find. Good Luck, Rick

• Cvans and Zekkjacen have said thanks

#3 Zekkjacen OFFLINE  

Zekkjacen
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 146 Thanks
  • 192 posts

Posted April 22, 2017 - 03:14 AM

There are some tables in the Manuals Section that show which Bolens attachments fit which Bolens Tractors.  It may take alittle digging to find. Good Luck, Rick

So, yes it will work... but requires a different drive shaft......  the difference in the drive shaft is 3/20" in length, but also the spring lock collar.

Will the spring lock collar work with the 2000 Eliminator? 

#4 Zekkjacen OFFLINE  

Zekkjacen
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 146 Thanks
  • 192 posts

Posted April 22, 2017 - 05:10 AM

Does anyone have the length of the lift cable for these tillers?

#5 Zekkjacen OFFLINE  

Zekkjacen
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 146 Thanks
  • 192 posts

Posted April 22, 2017 - 02:11 PM

So I woke up a little early before going into work and tried the driveshaft. I knew that it would slide on, but I didn't know if it would lock on. Of course does not lock on and I see why.

Rather than chop this driveshaft up and modify it, I would rather just make my own if I could find some parts. Does anybody know a good place to buy 15 point PTO parts? I'll do some digging later on tonight.

#6 ClassicBolens OFFLINE  

ClassicBolens
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 48806
  • 1,375 Thanks
  • 494 posts

Posted April 22, 2017 - 04:13 PM

If the driveshaft length is good,
an option would be to enlarge the lock groove on your PTO shaft to accept the newer style lock collar. If you also use the tractor for mowing duties, you could easily use the newer DuraTrac/GTX style spring lock collar u-joint for the mower deck as well.
  • Bolens 1000, LPBolens, blackjackjakexxix and 2 others have said thanks

#7 Zekkjacen OFFLINE  

Zekkjacen
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 146 Thanks
  • 192 posts

Posted April 27, 2017 - 01:45 PM

If the driveshaft length is good,
an option would be to enlarge the lock groove on your PTO shaft to accept the newer style lock collar. If you also use the tractor for mowing duties, you could easily use the newer DuraTrac/GTX style spring lock collar u-joint for the mower deck as well.

Either way I would have to get a different U-joint.  What I use for the mower deck is about 8" long vs the 50" driveshaft.

I think what I'll do is change the QC yoke on the drive shaft.  I have a spare "Non-repairable" U-joint that I am repairing and another one that need's to be.  I'll just swap the heads while I'm replacing the needle bearings.

Edited by Zekkjacen, April 27, 2017 - 01:46 PM.