• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 bbuckler ONLINE  

bbuckler
  • Member No: 59269
  • 3,031 Thanks
  • 2,722 posts

Posted April 19, 2017 - 04:24 PM

Well, the owner says he may have a magneto, so he took that tiller home. But he brought these to replace it.

attachicon.gifDSCN2756.JPG    attachicon.gifDSCN2757.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN2758.JPG

Yes that's a JD tiller. The last pic is a DR mower.  

My son needs a new push mower so I drug a big wheel out. Pulled the rope to see what would happen. Turned over decent, so I pulled the plug and squirted some carb cleaner in it. Tried to fire, so now it was on to fuel. Tank was half full of water and this is what the carb looked like.

attachicon.gifDSCN2753.JPG    attachicon.gifDSCN2754.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN2755.JPG

Had to strip another carb from one that wouldn't turn over well. But it was pretty clean inside. Put it on and we have a running mower. :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Everytime someone brings one in with the shaft bent and leave it I put the carb in my collection It nice to have back up parts.

• KennyP and shorty have said thanks

#17 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 4,778 Thanks
  • 4,879 posts

Posted April 19, 2017 - 04:38 PM

Very handy to get parts off the shelves. It always amazes me what all can be fixed with the remnants of another machine.
  • KennyP said thank you

#18 GardnMastr OFFLINE  

GardnMastr
  • Member No: 85758
  • 333 Thanks
  • 169 posts

Posted April 23, 2017 - 02:56 PM

Sometimes severely rusted B&S coil laminations are so bad the rust acts like insulation between. The needed magnetic flow and fast reversal does not get to the coil to buildup voltage, when the points opening causes collapse of the magnetic field.
  • KennyP said thank you