Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Completed my Ride-a-matic round hood collection !

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,804 posts

Posted April 17, 2017 - 10:11 AM

Congrats Doc! :rocker2:

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#17 tiretrx ONLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8012
  • 1,615 Thanks
  • 1,026 posts

Posted April 17, 2017 - 10:25 AM

Congrats! Looking to forward to seeing the journey back to a running machine :thumbs:

#18 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,925 Thanks
  • 1,979 posts

Posted April 18, 2017 - 05:32 AM

Nice addition Brian. Glad you are making progress with the tractor already. A 62 RAM was one of the last tractors I bought. A fellow we know from the shows called George and told him to ask me if I would be interested in buying it. He got it with a group of tractors he had purchased but other than knowing the name from the grill and model from the decals he didn't know anything about it. We went to pick it up one Saturday and it was a 62 model. I once saw someone post that these were the ugly step child of the Bolens' family. George likes the style and it has gradually grown on me. I do know that it is a fun little tractor to drive.Enjoy your latest find.

• Bolens 1000 and KennyP have said thanks

#19 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,289 Thanks
  • 17,852 posts

Posted April 18, 2017 - 07:28 AM

Think its definitely the coil, fired right up again after sitting 24 hours then began to miss a bit no adjustments of the carb or choke setting corrected the issue and she died right out and wouldnt restart. Spark on the tester dosent look normal either when it was running or when I pull it over

• WrenchinOnIt and 29 Chev have said thanks

#20 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,823 Thanks
  • 2,415 posts

Posted April 18, 2017 - 09:07 AM

I initially thought the wire was my problem when I pulled the flywheel , but traced the wire and found out it was a ground wire that went to no where so removed it. Since the 56' never had a kill wire I wonder if the factory installed the ground wire and just tied it behind the flywheel plate as the wire did have factory paint on it.

I can't always trust my memory, but didn't those RAM's use the #1700213 stop switch button (similar to the Versa's & Power-Ho's) ??   ...I seem to remember them mounted to the steering column.

That frayed wire had to be insulated from ground, since it is attached to the condenser (primary side of coil).

I don't remember having to use the push-button in the points cover to stop the engine.

#21 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,289 Thanks
  • 17,852 posts

Posted April 18, 2017 - 09:22 AM

I can't always trust my memory, but didn't those RAM's use the #1700213 stop switch button (similar to the Versa's & Power-Ho's) ??   ...I seem to remember them mounted to the steering column.

That frayed wire had to be insulated from ground, since it is attached to the condenser (primary side of coil).

I don't remember having to use the push-button in the points cover to stop the engine.

Member Gunstuff1000 , said that the 56' did not have the grounding button on the steering column, you had to press the button on the points box.

I bet the factory installed the coils with a length of ground wire and Bolens cut them down and tied them back behind the plate.

• Bruce Dorsi said thank you

#22 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,289 Thanks
  • 17,852 posts

Posted May 07, 2017 - 02:13 PM

Made the most of a miserable weather day been raining about 5 days straight here and today its only 45* :( :wtf:

Tractor is up and running with a new coil, now I just need to figure out how the engagement petal is supposed to work on these to power the sickle. What holds the mechanism in the "off" position? (Pic 4)

DSCN9083.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN9082.JPG
  • DSCN9084.JPG
  • DSCN9085.JPG

• Bruce Dorsi, WrenchinOnIt and 29 Chev have said thanks

#23 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 1,117 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted May 07, 2017 - 05:45 PM

Looking good! Glad it's up and running again. Can't wait to see the sickle mower in action!