• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tankdriver OFFLINE  

tankdriver

• Member No: 3674
  • 2 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 10:15 PM

When I purchased my PGT9000 in April, even though it was shown online with the brush guard, it did not come with one. The Sears Home store tried to order one and was told it was no longer available. I looked on line and could not find one. Then week before last, I found you can order them on line. So I did. It came in last Thursday and I installed it that night. It is a lot different than the earlier ones.
On the eariler ones, the brush guard is tucked in close to the hood, and you have to fold the brush guard down to open the hood. The new ones you can open the hood without folding it down. They extended it foward away from the hood. The earlier ones looks a lot better, but I guess the average American comsumer is not smart enough to read the instructions, and blamed Sears(MTD) for damging their hood.
Here is a photo of the earlier one with the brush guard tucked in close to the hood.........
Posted Image

Here is a few photos of the new design on mine......

Posted Image

Photo is the with the bumper up, and the hood up......

Posted Image

This is bumper down, and hood up...

Posted Image

I wish the had left them the way they were........

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 12:01 AM

I like bumpers on tractors, keeps the grills nicer. Looks good regardless to me.
Also, I would thing with a torch, welder, and a can of paint you could shorten those brackets that hold the bumper way out there to tuck it in a little closer.

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 03:29 PM

I hate all the blame society puts forth on other's and they never want to admit guilt and just point fingers. It is nicer having it closer but I gotta be honest, I like the newer one better because after experiencing it with my John Deere 3120 I had I would much rather be able to just lift the hood then to remember to put the guard down beforehand. At least they did it in a way to where it still looks nice.