• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hdheritage97 OFFLINE  

hdheritage97
  • Member No: 86243
  • 5 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted April 14, 2017 - 11:45 PM

I have an AC 912 that has neutral creep and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. I downloaded the service manual and I have followed every step to the letter but still have the creep. When shifting back to neutral the hydrostatic control cam doesn't return back to center which is leading to the creep. No matter how I adjust it the cam will never return to center. I thought maybe there was some way to adjust the linkage rod that holds the hydrostatic control strap, not that it's covered in the manual. The only thing I didn't try was adjusting the idler lever assembly since the belts seem to have proper tension, anyone have any similar experiences or solutions?

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 52634 Thanks
  • 53129 posts

Posted April 15, 2017 - 07:06 AM

Page 104 of the service manual shows how to adjust the creep out of it.

• hdheritage97 said thank you

#3 hdheritage97 OFFLINE  

hdheritage97
  • 5 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted April 15, 2017 - 03:50 PM

Been through that process as I said above, doesn't address the issue of it not returning the cam to center. I can adjust the creep out of it but the moment I move the drive lever and return it to neutral the cam doesn't return to center and it continues to creep.

#4 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 2347 Thanks
  • 1492 posts

Posted April 15, 2017 - 04:10 PM

Dont know what kind of pump that has, but it could be a valve plate or swash plate issue on a hydrogear. Have not been in an eaton 1100 for a while and cant remember what they look like. They are not that hard to rebuild. I would yank it out and throw it on the bench and take a look at it. If it cant be fixed by adjustments, the only thing left is internal wear.

Edited by tater195, April 15, 2017 - 04:11 PM.

#5 hdheritage97 OFFLINE  

hdheritage97
  • 5 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted April 15, 2017 - 06:51 PM

https://youtu.be/mL2pTRjwkmo

#6 hdheritage97 OFFLINE  

hdheritage97
  • 5 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted April 15, 2017 - 07:42 PM

I found the issue, whoever owned it before me must have replaced the bushing on the hydro control arm. When they put it back together there are two concave washers, they installed them opposing and the spacer wasn't allowing the arm that moves the rod to the hydro control strap to lay flat. Since it couldn't lay flat there was travel in the hydro lever and the cam couldn't return to center. Thanks for the input!

• KennyP said thank you

#7 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 2347 Thanks
  • 1492 posts

Posted April 18, 2017 - 07:26 AM

The bellville washers are normally installed opposite each other to form a spring. I would guess that is how it should be.

There could be several variations on how to install them. <>I  <I>  >I<  ><I