#1 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 3,018 Thanks
  • 1,523 posts

Posted April 14, 2017 - 08:41 PM

Here's another report on a couple more new tools we have. Last December my wife said she wanted a leaf blower for Christmas to blow snow off of her truck. I got to looking on the 'net and ran across this two-tool combo for about $140 shipped, a blower and string trimmer. I decided to try it. The blower worked well on snow unless it was real wet heavy stuff. It would blow a hole in it but not move a large area at once. It came with a bag of attachments too.

Today was the first test using the string trimmer. When I first looked at it back in December, I thought this thing looks too wimpy to handle the hay and weeds I need it to cut, along with the tree trunks, siding, concrete and other objects it will be beating on.. I also had reservations about the little 10' reels with only one string doing the cutting when both of my other trimmers have two lines.

I drained both batteries but got it all done along the grass blown off the patio and sidewalks. Both tools worked great for this and the trimmer is much easier on me than the old gas one and the corded electric one. I didn't have to put in a new spool and the automatic feed worked flawlessly. No more beating the head against the ground!

I'm giving these tools a two thumbs up rating too!

The last pic is the retired trimmers from the last millenium!

DAC

Attached Thumbnails

• worx tools 001.jpg
  • worx tools 002.jpg
  • worx tools 003.jpg
  • worx tools 005.jpg
  • worx tools 004.jpg

• Gtractor and Cvans have said thanks

#2 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 1,550 Thanks
  • 1,254 posts

Posted April 14, 2017 - 08:57 PM

Ive watched infomercials on those, seem pretty handy, the vacuum blower package seems nice, and of decent quality from what ive seen.

How long do the batteries last, on something like a trimmer that is drawing more power?

• MFDAC said thank you

#3 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 6,760 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted April 14, 2017 - 09:32 PM

I would like a lighter trimmer, but I spend almost 3 hours trimming (1-1/2) tanks of fuel, then sometimes trim the neighbors weeds. This requires full throttle as his weeds were 2' tall and of the Texas indestructible variety.

Edited by larrybl, April 14, 2017 - 09:34 PM.

• MFDAC said thank you

#4 jabelman ONLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 2,058 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted April 14, 2017 - 09:48 PM

I have a small lot, I have a commercial echo weed whacker that is awesome but last year I picked up a kobalt battery job from lowes. I love it. it's actually really nice plenty of power and trims nice. I like that it's no noise, no mixing gas. I was really on the fence about buying it but glad I did.
  • MFDAC said thank you

#5 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 3,018 Thanks
  • 1,523 posts

Posted April 14, 2017 - 09:50 PM

Ive watched infomercials on those, seem pretty handy, the vacuum blower package seems nice, and of decent quality from what ive seen.

How long do the batteries last, on something like a trimmer that is drawing more power?

I'm not sure yet on how long a charge on one battery will last yet. Both batteries I drained today were not freshly charged. It took me about an hour and a half to trim and blow off the concrete.

I would like a lighter trimmer, but I spend almost 3 hours trimming (1-1/2) tanks of fuel, then sometimes trim the neighbors weeds. This requires full throttle as his weeds were 2' tall and of the Texas indestructible variety.

My old gas one required the shoulder strap for the 2-3 hours that it took me with it. I was constantly fighting the bump feed. It would get grass in it and I would have to pull the reel and clean it out. I never had to do that with this electric one today and it took half the time, and is way lighter. We got some pretty tough weeds up here in South Dakota too Larry!

DAC

• larrybl, Cvans and 637Yeoman have said thanks