15 replies to this topic

#1 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1546
  • 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 06:16 PM

Does anyone have a wiring scematic for a john deere 210 with a 10hp kohler? i am trying to bring this old girl back to life

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 06:27 PM

If you look in the manuals section under JD you will find the 200 series service manual. It has schematics in it. Good luck with the 210

#3 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 06:40 PM

Ok ill see if i can find it no any good sorce for rubber engine mounts? i think there called isolaters

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 09:49 AM

They seem to be a comon problem. I needed 1 rear one for my 314. I just ordered it from Deere but they are pricey(30$). They look like a standard item but I do not have an alternate source. The ones on my 314 are made by a company named Gould. If you find another supplier please let us know. Perhaps someone else knows where to get these.

#5 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 11:58 AM

I know some people have got some from McMaster-Carr. But, if this was my tractor, I would buy them from Deere. As for pricing, Deere's pricing is inline with Cub Cadets and Toro's in regards to the engine mounts.

#6 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 01:02 PM

I know some people have got some from McMaster-Carr. But, if this was my tractor, I would buy them from Deere. As for pricing, Deere's pricing is inline with Cub Cadets and Toro's in regards to the engine mounts.

The old mount on my 314 and the new one were both made by Gould. They are physically the same size but have different numbers on them. I have not done the research to see if they are available from another source. If the correct part number could be identified then it would be ok to source them elsewhere. However if they are a special JD part it may cause problems to mix and match mounts. If anyone has used other mounts it would be nice to hear the results.

#7 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 02:01 PM

Brian,
I know some members over on wfm have used isolators from McMaster-Carr, but I'm not sure what results they gotten from them.
  • JDBrian said thank you

#8 1971Deere OFFLINE  

1971Deere

• Member No: 1289
  • 48 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 03:38 PM

I purchased a set of isolators on ebay. Just do a search for AM101961.

I purchased a set for my 214 last year. So far they are holding up. He is asking $9.50 each right now.

The seller name is repairparts, they sell all kinds of mounts, and isolators.
They are supposed to be American made.

Here is a photo I took of the old mounts with one of the new ones.

Posted Image

Edited by 1971Deere, June 15, 2011 - 08:16 AM.
Added photo

• Texas Deere and Horse, Rocking416, wvbuzzmaster and 4 others have said thanks

#9 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for the info on the mounts. If I do a full restore on the 314 I'll need to replace them all.

#10 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 07:20 PM

1971 deere you took the words right out of my mouth and thank your for sharing your experience i was a little skeptical about those isolators as there called but if there going to hold up for you i think they will do me ok as well Now if i can ever get a decent day and be left alone long enough to work on the tractor lol To many projects going at once

#11 lafinfil OFFLINE  

lafinfil

• Member No: 2041
  • 3 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted June 15, 2011 - 06:53 AM

Brian,
I know some members over on wfm have used isolators from McMaster-Carr, but I'm not sure what results they gotten from them.

I have used the ones from McMaster-Carr and have been very happy - especially with the price !

I'll see if I can find the part number and post

~Phil

#12 lafinfil OFFLINE  

lafinfil

• Member No: 2041
  • 3 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted June 15, 2011 - 07:00 AM

Found it - listed under vibration damping mounts is McMaster-Carr part# 6008K33. Under $10 each

• wvbuzzmaster, Rozwell Ranch and JDBrian have said thanks

#13 loggerhenry OFFLINE  

loggerhenry

• Member No: 4232
  • 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted June 21, 2011 - 05:22 PM

is it a problem with the frame breaking around the mount? i just bought a 210 and noticed that the left rear is broken. my plan is to take it to a friends fabrication shop to repair it.

#14 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 02, 2011 - 02:26 AM

It's too bad Rocking416 never got a good day to work on the 210 isolators before he sold it, ah well, I wasn't worried about them until I decided that mabey this 210 was above parting out. lol

I did a search on McMaster Carr and here they are, the highlighted one is the one that it is.
http://www.mcmaster....6008k33/=czwxfz

I purchased a set of them for the Case 222 couple years ago and never installed them cause changed the plans for the 222. But I must say this, I will not sell the new mounts with it because it looks like I need them for this JD 210, what luck lol.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, July 02, 2011 - 02:36 AM.

#15 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 02, 2011 - 07:41 AM

is it a problem with the frame breaking around the mount? i just bought a 210 and noticed that the left rear is broken. my plan is to take it to a friends fabrication shop to repair it.

On my 314 the PO took the broken mount (metal mounting frame broken) and put it under the tractor frame rail and welded it to the frame. Of course the mount was melted by welding it and it was a real bugger to grind the mount frame and weld off, to get a smooth surface to put the new one on. Usually the rubber portion of the mount is toast by the time the frame breaks.