20 replies to this topic

#16 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,740 Thanks
  • 5,580 posts

Posted April 10, 2017 - 08:18 AM

Nice, I always wondered about how well those liners works, commercials made them looks great.

We have an old bathtub also, I've be wondering what to do with it. I considered making a bog filter system that drained into my fish pond. I've also considered putting it in front yard and plating flowers in it with some type of water feature. I also have an old hand pump I may use on it too.

Yours looks pretty nice.

• MFDAC said thank you

#17 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• Member No: 5815
  • 2,892 Thanks
  • 1,469 posts

Posted April 10, 2017 - 07:13 PM

Nice looking truck and it doesn't look like it's load has gotten any lighter. Have you kept any records of how much fuel you have put through it over the years?

Thanks Chris, it is a workhorse truck always has been. I'm pretty poor at records. I did keep a journal while this truck had commercial plates but I can't find it now. Even though it is 45 years old it "only" has 178,000 miles on it. If it averages 12 mpg (I think it gets a little better than that) around 14,800 gallons of gas has been pumped into this thing! I sure did my part to make the 3 oil barons rich here in the Black Hills area! It had 24,000 miles on it when we bought it in 1979.

Went out and got a pic of the kettle. Wife hasn't thought about what or when she will start getting flowers put in it least ways not till the 1st of May.. Here is also the C bias ply tire that I turned inside out. I offered to paint it but she said to leave it alone.

attachicon.gifDSC_0169.JPG attachicon.gifDSC_0168.JPG

Oh yeah I remember the tire one in a thread a while back! That's a pretty cool little kettle too! My wife isn't home yet for her to get a look. Thanks for posting Rad!

Nice, I always wondered about how well those liners works, commercials made them looks great.

We have an old bathtub also, I've be wondering what to do with it. I considered making a bog filter system that drained into my fish pond. I've also considered putting it in front yard and plating flowers in it with some type of water feature. I also have an old hand pump I may use on it too.

Yours looks pretty nice.

Our first use of the unloader was a big success and it appears that it was well worth the 32 bucks from what the other posters have said about their experiences.

It sounds like you have some good plans for your old tub, whichever way you go. I think ours will be ok as long as my wife follows up on her promises! I would just mow over her ground level flowers because she wouldn't keep them weeded. I'm not doing it. So now she has them in big pots and this tub. She is supposed to keep the grass trimmed around it. Now she wants an old 1954 or older junk pickup truck for the front yard with the bed as a planter. Possibly even under the hood. I'm ok with that one, but finding one for next to nothing will be the hard part.

Most of it is melted now but things looked like this when i went to work this morning. Reported 2.5 inches in this part of the valley.

DAC

Attached Thumbnails

• snow 4-10-17 001.jpg
  • snow 4-10-17 002.jpg

• KennyP, Cvans and propane1 have said thanks

#18 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 6,017 Thanks
  • 5,874 posts

Posted April 10, 2017 - 11:30 PM

Most of it is melted now but things looked like this when i went to work this morning. Reported 2.5 inches in this part of the valley.

You can keep that stuff out on your end of the state please. A couple of our Purple Martins have returned and they need to eat bugs to stay alive so lets warm it up.  :D

• KennyP and MFDAC have said thanks

#19 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,740 Thanks
  • 5,580 posts

Posted April 11, 2017 - 06:58 AM

Now she wants an old 1954 or older junk pickup truck for the front yard with the bed as a planter. Possibly even under the hood. I'm ok with that one, but finding one for next to nothing will be the hard part.

DAC

Here, show her this, nice big fish pond with on old truck.  :D

pickup pond.jpg

You can keep that stuff out on your end of the state please. A couple of our Purple Martins have returned and they need to eat bugs to stay alive so lets warm it up.  :D

Yes, X2, keep that stuff!!!

• KennyP, lrhredjb, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#20 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• Member No: 5815
  • 2,892 Thanks
  • 1,469 posts

Posted April 11, 2017 - 07:24 PM

It is already gone here but still having hard freezes at night. Did it get out to your end of the state, Chris?

Here, show her this, nice big fish pond with on old truck.  :D

attachicon.gifpickup pond.jpg

Yes, X2, keep that stuff!!!

If I can corner her long enough I MIGHT show it to her----that's cool but it would kill all of my time for the summer building it and MY truck budget---LOL! That's a pretty cool setup though.

DAC

• Cvans and TAHOE have said thanks

#21 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 6,017 Thanks
  • 5,874 posts

Posted April 11, 2017 - 10:28 PM

Did it get out to your end of the state, Chris?

No thankfully. We were suppose to get 1 to 2 inches. We did get a half inch of rain which was welcome. 

• MFDAC said thank you