• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pappysMF OFFLINE  

pappysMF
  • Member No: 78534
  • 110 Thanks
  • 93 posts

Posted April 07, 2017 - 09:48 PM

Hello all, can anybody tell me if this Snapper blower will work on my 1655? It appears that somebody rigged it to fit either the front or on a 3 point. Would it be geared to work on either end of my tractor? I'd prefer the front mount just to save my neck.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1857.JPG
  • IMG_1856.JPG
  • IMG_1859.JPG
  • IMG_1858.JPG

• chieffan said thank you

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,491 Thanks
  • 7,845 posts

Posted April 08, 2017 - 12:07 PM

Sure looks three point as it is to me.  OR, does tractor have big pins on front sides for those brackets to slide on?  Then not sure where that upper link you go unless you had some sort of arm coming off front too?  That a big prop shaft I see in pix?  That makes it seem like it was on back and shaft went up to front pto

I think looking for manuals for the blower model and tractor mounting are needed. Are there numbers on the blower anywhere?  OR, look on here in manuals and see if any LOOK like yours to see what is needed or how should mount?  OR, look for another blower that you CAN qualify for your tractor?

• pappysMF said thank you

#3 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 173 Thanks
  • 399 posts

Posted April 08, 2017 - 05:45 PM

Hello all, can anybody tell me if this Snapper blower will work on my 1655? It appears that somebody rigged it to fit either the front or on a 3 point. Would it be geared to work on either end of my tractor? I'd prefer the front mount just to save my neck.

Yup, it's been modified to work on 3point hitch.
Looks like all you need to do is cut that hammer strap off bottom and remove the center link bracket.
Then it should work on your front of 1655.
Gonna need the lifting mechanism that goes under tractor and the crank to turn spout......pto shaft will need redone also it looks?
Missing a lot of pieces unless not pictured!?
  • pappysMF said thank you

#4 pappysMF OFFLINE  

pappysMF
  • Member No: 78534
  • 110 Thanks
  • 93 posts

Posted April 08, 2017 - 06:05 PM

Thanks guys! I just got it home from the sale. It does have a model number on the sticker which I couldn't see earlier. It was built by the McDonough Power Equipment Company and is model Number 60377 on the sticker.

The PTO shaft is larger than my 1655 and fits on my Ford 8N as well as the drawbar. It is to wide for the Cat 0 3 point and also fits the larger 3 point like my 8N.

What does the lifting mechanism look like? I will search for the blower model now that I have the model number.

How would I check to see if the previous owner didn't mess with the gearing?