WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 9,962 Thanks
  • 5,579 posts

Posted April 07, 2017 - 03:32 AM

Looks like hard work to me!

I'm going to find out!  Ordered one of those things for my Weed whacker..  

I'll report back after I get it then have a chance to use it!

• Gtractor, KennyP, oldedeeres and 2 others have said thanks

#17 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,948 Thanks
  • 1,801 posts

Posted April 07, 2017 - 12:48 PM

So how well would that work on small sticks and twigs?

#18 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,494 Thanks
  • 7,850 posts

Posted April 07, 2017 - 02:09 PM

Cool Tink, let us know. Have list of models and brands it fits?   For the other guy, stones get pushed back into yard from plowing with blade. I go back quite a ways to start first snow, as you can't push as far if many snows build up. On big winter, can be quite a bit out there. NOT as bad as in video's here, but enough to make it hard to rake for older guy (me)!  This year barely had any Snow Or Stones, heh!

• oldedeeres and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#19 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,218 Thanks
  • 2,295 posts

Posted April 10, 2017 - 10:12 AM

Raking gravel/stones from the yard was an annual task for me at my grandparents place, and I wish I would have had ANYTHING to help with that chore.  The county plows seemed to take 1/2" off of the gravel shoulder on every pass, and throw it along with the snow, probably up to 60' from the road.  The county replaced a picture window once year when they broke it going by at Mach II.  The speed limit is 35mph and I bet they would cruise at 50, laying waste to mailboxes, fences, you name it.

Their neighbor was a county DOT supervisor, and was eventually able to be reassigned to the township where they lived.  He had the shoulders paved, and no one has lost a mailbox since.  

• oldedeeres and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#20 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 9,962 Thanks
  • 5,579 posts

Posted April 20, 2017 - 05:30 AM

I'm going to find out!  Ordered one of those things for my Weed whacker..  

I'll report back after I get it then have a chance to use it!

What a cluster I got myself into!

I got the part and went to hook it to my machine and it wont attach to my model weed whacker I have!!   :wallbanging:

What to do, what to do...  

I really wanted to try this thing out so I started looking around for the correct model power head..  I found one in Amazon and express shipped it..  I got it Monday and when I tried to hook it to the sweeper....  Yup  Still the wrong model!   

Repacked it and sent it back Tuesday as I was watching the grandkids all day..

Then I did a search on C/L & actually found one listed locally!   :dancingbanana:

I called the guy and got the old-  just sold it... :(  :(  :(  :(  :hitting_self_roller:   :anvil_drop:

So I spent the evening scouring the internet and found that a local dealer had the model I needed in stock..  

So I gassed up the truck and took a ride to the dealer..  (Or where the dealer used to be)  I inquired the new business (Plumbing outfit) where they are now and got the info and directions..  Jumped back in the truck and drove another 10 miles to the dealer..  I got there and of course they were busy as heck due to mowing season is finally upon us..  I finally got a salesman and told him what I was looking for.and his website says he has it in stock..  The price for it was higher than I expected and I then explained that I really only needed the power head and that I already had a trimmer..  Then I told him the story about getting this power stone hurler and how I've tried to get it hooked up..  

Then the light went on in his eyes-  So you only need the powerhead?  Yes!   I didn't know you sold that separately!  ( Inside I was jumping! :firejumper: FINALLY)

(BTW-  in case anyone else is interested in spending $500 on one it's a model 129K)

So for another $179 & I finally had success..

I get the thing home and assemble the thing and gas it up..  and..

You are right..   It is heavy when you are pushing stones but it does a great job of bringing them up out of the grass and moving them back to the dang driveway..  It definitely beats raking and raking to get them up and moving along like I've done for years and years..  So after all the screwing around & mishaps it was finally a win in my book..  

I'll post up a video if I can nail down my neighbor with his smartphone next week..

• KennyP and shorty have said thanks