• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 banjoman OFFLINE  

banjoman

• Member No: 4038
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted June 11, 2011 - 09:03 PM

I am looking for a inexpensive sled for a small tractor club located in North Georgia.

Thanks Randy

#2 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1546
  • 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted June 14, 2011 - 06:17 PM

Ive seen some use a pile of bricks I was thinking of making one myself one day get and old nissan or toyota truck and have the cab and steering hooked up ac and radio the works !

#3 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted June 14, 2011 - 06:33 PM

I am looking for a inexpensive sled for a small tractor club located in North Georgia.

Thanks Randy

Go old school! Use a metal sled & borrow some concrete blocks, space the blocks evenly along the track & set 1 or 2 blocks on the sled as it passes.
  • iron Mike said thank you

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 15, 2011 - 05:16 AM

I don't think building one would be too bad, the hardest part would probably be figuring out your ratios for the box. I think it would be awesome to have a sled to pull whenever you want :D

I hope you can find something, I know I haven't really ever seen a pulling sled for sale. Although if you go to some of the pulling sites they might have some listed in their classifieds section.

#5 Trent Thomson OFFLINE  

Trent Thomson

• Member No: 2375
  • 188 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted June 15, 2011 - 07:10 AM

In our community during "the Festival" we have an antique tractor pull and people come from all around Atlantic Canada. All they use is a large box sled about 4 feet by 15 feet. I think it is made of metal. They get adult men standing down both sides of the track about every 30 or 40 feet. When the sled gets to them they step on it to add the weight. The fist man step on at the back end they then the next one gets on beside him closer to the front and so on. Its kind of a neat low cost low labor way of doing it. There is usually a great crowd. I have mentioned about adding antique garden tractor pulls but so far that has not happened.
  • iron Mike said thank you

#6 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted June 15, 2011 - 10:04 AM

There is a sled for sale that I see on my NAPA route.........long way to come get it though....I can find out if you like.

#7 toyes OFFLINE  

toyes

• Member No: 4237
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 07:07 PM

There is a sled for sale that I see on my NAPA route.........long way to come get it though....I can find out if you like.

Hello, I am new to the forum and found your reply about a sled on your NAPA route. Any chance you could get some more info (ie phone number and location) for me as I am also intersted in getting a sled for our 4H club. :smile1:
Thanks
Neil

#8 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hey Neil....Welcome to the forum......If you noticed my location, I am in mid western Ontario Canada.....The sled is in a little town near here called Neustadt, Ontario........I will try and get a number and a couple of picks in the next couple of days, if I get by there on my route.

#9 toyes OFFLINE  

toyes

• 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 09:01 PM

OK that would be great, I am about 2 hours from there in Caledon, so if it looks interesting, I will certainly call and go and check it out.
Thanks again
Neil

#10 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted June 20, 2011 - 04:38 PM

Sorry Neil....Turns out this thing isnt a pulling sled at all....It sure looked like one from the road, to me anyways.....It is a portable saw mill.....The guards around the band blade looked like tractor weights from the road.........I feel dumb.....lol

Attached Thumbnails

• 006 (Medium).jpg
  • 005 (Medium).jpg

#11 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 20, 2011 - 04:51 PM

I will give you credit though Poncho, I would have thought it was a pulling sled too. Even after you said what it is, it still looks like a sled LOL

#12 toyes OFFLINE  

toyes

• 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted June 20, 2011 - 09:50 PM

Hi Poncho
Thanks anyways, I am sure from the road and at 80 km, it would look like one to me as well, in fact maybe it could be converted into something more useful like the pulling sled we are looking for, LOL. I will keep looking, but may end up having to build one for the club after all. Thanks again for your troubles, and for getting some pics, much appreciated, maybe one of these days we will get lucky and find one.
Neil

#13 Outpro OFFLINE  

Outpro

• Member No: 4357
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 06:55 PM

If you think the one on this video will work? it is for sale

YouTube - ‪Canadian Off Road Expo - Red Deer‬‏

#14 venisonslayer128 OFFLINE  

venisonslayer128

• Member No: 5521
  • 0 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 07:54 PM

I am going to build one for test and tuning when my puller is done.. I am looking for as many clubs and pulls as I can as the club i'm going to run with only has 9 in the schedule and NONE in August..

I want to pull as much as possible.. is there any other clubs besides the Acton boat in Ontario?

the sled is relitively easy.. just time consuming to build

#15 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 09:53 PM

It may be on here somewhere but here is a link to Brian Miller's web site covering just about everything you need to know about GT pulling including how to build a sled.

Miller's Pulling Sled Rental

Bill