Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

The Bolens 1050 still needs cleaning, but he got some bling today!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 2,455 Thanks
  • 1,801 posts

Posted April 09, 2017 - 08:40 AM

Thank you 29Chev, I'll remember that for next time as its a bear to tie that up by yourself.

Your correct about the Bolens medicine.
Shoot, it's been so nice here the last few days I almost feel guilty layin around tryin to recover, cause I want to get outside and do something;) Now if I could only get this cough to go away.

Edited by stiemmy, April 09, 2017 - 08:41 AM.

• 29 Chev said thank you

#17 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,455 Thanks
  • 1,801 posts

Posted April 09, 2017 - 08:43 AM

Got my shades ready for the final polish :-)attachicon.gifIMG_1760.JPG

Lol

I'll tinker some more with it today, and Ill grab a bunch of pics rather than a boring video with some sick schmuck that rambles. Hahaha
  • Bolens800uk said thank you

#18 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,355 Thanks
  • 1,804 posts

Posted April 09, 2017 - 01:28 PM

Oh Yeah, VERY Nice. Don't know if 1 outshines the other, I feel more like the two Originals pay compliment to each other. One vintage, with a custom, handmade period re creation NLA accessory piece,soon to be vintage. I hear, Their all 'The rage' and considered highly desirable among many known Bolens Care providers everywhere. The standard of excellence and high artisan craft among others.

Speaking of shine can you make out a metallic sheen in paint on your frames? up close.

Oh, and the video.. I found myself waitin for something odd to happen in the background, like maybe a random pelican, suddenly land on the hood...Maybe next time? And I wanted to reach out and offer you a hot cup of fresh mint & ginger tea, with touch of brandy for medicinal usage only, of course. Feel Better Dude! Thanks for takin the time to share rather than keep us in suspense any longer.. :poke:

...And maybe one of those ties where ya give 2 or 3 wraps before pulling in for bows.

You guys should be proud, nuf said...

rs1.jpg

• stiemmy said thank you

#19 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,455 Thanks
  • 1,801 posts

Posted April 09, 2017 - 01:38 PM

I goofed around a little more with the 1050 today. Seems every time I turn around I find more to clean. Lol I did pull the highspeed jet, and cleaned that out. Took er for a lil spin, and was impressed at how nice that thing is to operate!! Anyway, here's some pics

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170409_125847.jpg
  • 20170409_125859.jpg
  • 20170409_125905.jpg
  • 20170409_125919.jpg
  • 20170409_125955.jpg

Edited by stiemmy, April 09, 2017 - 01:41 PM.

• WrenchinOnIt, Newpaws493, Austen and 1 other said thanks

#20 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,455 Thanks
  • 1,801 posts

Posted April 09, 2017 - 01:57 PM

Oh Yeah, VERY Nice. Don't know if 1 outshines the other, I feel more like the two Originals pay compliment to each other. One vintage, with a custom, handmade period re creation NLA accessory piece,soon to be vintage. I hear, Their all 'The rage' and considered highly desirable among many known Bolens Care providers everywhere. The standard of excellence and high artisan craft among others.

Speaking of shine can you make out a metallic sheen in paint on your frames? up close.

Oh, and the video.. I found myself waitin for something odd to happen in the background, like maybe a random pelican, suddenly land on the hood...Maybe next time? And I wanted to reach out and offer you a hot cup of fresh mint & ginger tea, with touch of brandy for medicinal usage only, of course. Feel Better Dude! Thanks for takin the time to share rather than keep us in suspense any longer.. :poke:
...And maybe one of those ties where ya give 2 or 3 wraps before pulling in for bows.

You guys should be proud, nuf said...

attachicon.gifrs1.jpg

Very well said my friend, you made me smile;) Thank you.

And Thanks for the health wishes, I do believe you are correct about the "get well juice" lol
  • Newpaws493 said thank you

#21 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,355 Thanks
  • 1,804 posts

Posted April 09, 2017 - 02:02 PM

If you're gonna put the brandy in the tea, we recommend  more so before bed, can help ya sweat it out.

...These last pics :rocker2: :thumbs:

Edited by Newpaws493, April 09, 2017 - 02:05 PM.

• stiemmy said thank you

#22 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,455 Thanks
  • 1,801 posts

Posted April 09, 2017 - 02:06 PM

That actually works, I have done something similar with Honey, lil H2o, and a sprinkle of lime.

Matter of fact.....wait, too early for bed yet.

I do believe a nap is in order tho, don't wanna push my luck today.

Edited by stiemmy, April 09, 2017 - 02:37 PM.

• Newpaws493 said thank you

#23 Austen ONLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 1,247 Thanks
  • 756 posts

Posted April 09, 2017 - 10:31 PM

That is one very nice 1050!! I watched your video and I couldn't get over the condition of the brown paint! it looks like it's pretty much ALL intact which is outstanding for a vintage tractor, I couldn't get over it. What an unmolested and original machine. You've got a great find there! :thumbs:

Oh yeah, the seat looks great!! You've mentioned a few times how the seat looks so much better than the rest of the tractor. The tractor is in such nice original condition that I think the new seat actually compliments it very well; in other words the seat (as nice and beautiful as it is) doesn't stick out or look out of place at all in IMO. It looks like you gave the tractor a refreshment and since the tractor is in such nice condition already the new seat could just as well be the original one! :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Edited by Austen, April 09, 2017 - 10:33 PM.

• stiemmy, 29 Chev and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#24 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,455 Thanks
  • 1,801 posts

Posted April 14, 2017 - 06:42 AM

That is one very nice 1050!! I watched your video and I couldn't get over the condition of the brown paint! it looks like it's pretty much ALL intact which is outstanding for a vintage tractor, I couldn't get over it. What an unmolested and original machine. You've got a great find there! :thumbs:

Oh yeah, the seat looks great!! You've mentioned a few times how the seat looks so much better than the rest of the tractor. The tractor is in such nice original condition that I think the new seat actually compliments it very well; in other words the seat (as nice and beautiful as it is) doesn't stick out or look out of place at all in IMO. It looks like you gave the tractor a refreshment and since the tractor is in such nice condition already the new seat could just as well be the original one! :thumbs:  :thumbs:

It did turnout very nice altogether. I am very happy with the end results, and only made the comments about the tractor looking as nice as the seat as a joke. For now I will just keep working on it little by little, but it really looks good as it is;)
  • Bolens800uk said thank you