Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

From MH81 to the Members. (A letter I never wanted to write)

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,663 Thanks
  • 6,463 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 06:29 AM

HOWEVER, the only reason its the best place to be is the people, not the forum. If those people were ever to transport to another forum, well, then THAT would be the best forum on the web. You get the idea.

Alan,  thank you for your service here.  You have been a large part of this forum since the beginning.  You have assisted me when I needed it and made me feel like it was personalized service.  I'm sure it was, after reflection.  I'm glad you are still going to be here.  I'm not on as often as I once was.  

I agree, this place is special. It is one of the internet oasis' that one desperately tries to find.  The forum is all about the topic.  It lives or dies on the membership. Your words that I quoted are very true.  I haven't been on here enough to know the issues, but when I learned George had sold the forum, I knew it would bring change.  It was very close to perfect, but it was causing George issue.  I started a web forum last year.  I have PM'ed George and the new admin here.  I must say it's a daunting task.  I have great support staff there.  Losing you here will hurt.  I hope they can cover the loss to staff you will bring.  

PM sent.

Is it hard to start a site?.I don't know anything about it,just thinking.. Alan I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do,

It's not hard to start a site, it's hard to maintain a site to the standard you want.  It is a lot of time, some money and plain hard work sometimes.  Good people make the site, as Alan said.  

• MH81, Alc, hamman and 7 others have said thanks

#17 greenb6901 ONLINE  

greenb6901
  • Member No: 85456
  • 128 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 06:31 AM

It is always sad when great things and wonderful people are destroyed by those that either have no vision or cannot see the goodness of what has been built by those with a love of gt,s and sharing of knowledge. You will be missed and unfortunately those that need to may never get it before others leave as well.
Take care of yourself and God Bless.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  • MH81, Alc, hamman and 6 others have said thanks

#18 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 5,978 Thanks
  • 3,289 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 06:32 AM

We will miss educated posts, your humor and your friendship Alan, I knew this was coming a couple a couple of weeks ago when you were noticeably MIA best wishes to you in your new endeavors. Hank
  • MH81, hamman, KennyP and 6 others have said thanks

#19 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Millennium Falcon

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 12,225 Thanks
  • 9,175 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 06:39 AM

Ummhhhhhh . . .      You've really caught me by surprise.  What to say, first amen to all the above.   Well, I just need to say that I can live without the badge on your avatar, but if you leave altogether will put a big hurt on my GTT experience. Your posts are one of my daily joys. You know George said when he sold out that he would still be around and I haven't seen him since.

If we are really here for the members, why do we keep fussing about maps and e-bay links and stuff that don't really matter?

• MH81, Alc, hamman and 5 others have said thanks

#20 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 395 Thanks
  • 415 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 06:46 AM

Alan, I thank you for the time, work, and personality youv'e givin to this site. Hope to still see you share your Gt doing's and knowlege in the the forums . God Bless

• MH81, hamman, Cvans and 4 others have said thanks

#21 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,740 Thanks
  • 5,580 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 07:05 AM

I personally thank you for your service and dedication to this site, you help to make it what it is...or what it was.

When I heard of the site sale, I knew this was coming. This is the 4th or 5th site I've been on that was started out privately and bought by a "corporation".....maybe its me?  :(  "Nothing will change", but they do; mods left, things didn't get updated, long standing members left, etc, one site even shut down.

I came in late to the party, but isn't this how GTT got started when the same type of junk that went down with MTF?

I left MTF due to the moderating over there, I hope this site never gets that way either. I've made a lot of friends, friends who I've personally met and hung out with. As you stated, this is a second home, even family for a lot of us.

I saw this coming when Cat resigned, then Brian is rarely on and I knew you were next once I saw your inactivity of posting over the last couple months. I can only wish you hang around as a member, but what ever you do my friend, I only wish the best for you and your family!

• Bolens 1000, MH81, hamman and 8 others have said thanks

#22 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 6,187 Thanks
  • 2,781 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 07:39 AM

WOW , wasn't expecting to have to read this this morning. Had no idea there were that many problems. I've seen a few other forums go by the wayside because of almost the same reason. Sales from a private to corporate is always hard, no matter what business it is or what field it is. As has been said Alan, I don't personally know you but have grown to consider you as a friend thru your posts and their information. Take a breath and carry on for yourself and your local group. Enjoy the hobby and life in general. This is a forum of members by members and for members. If it survives it will be because of the members, members like you and others. Thanks again for what you have done for us behind the scenes and Good luck and we will be anxiously awaiting to hear from you again. May God Bless and Remember Everything Happens For  Reason.   All our best to you and your family .                                                                     Roger

• MH81, KennyP, Cvans and 5 others have said thanks

#23 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,957 Thanks
  • 29,757 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 07:47 AM

Thank you all for the kind words. It makes a girl feel special :D
I really hope I am not dampening anyone's enjoyment of the site, but felt it necessary to give the members a frank and honest appraisal of how I see things and what has precipitated my decision to resign.
  • DH1, Gtractor, Bruce Dorsi and 17 others have said thanks

#24 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 7,104 Thanks
  • 2,319 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 08:41 AM

With every hour of time that passes away

Something good and bad happens they say

The good will be the fact that you can enjoy life once more

The bad will be that your talents have walked out the door

Thank you so much for your years of hard work each day

That has helped so many members in some sort of way

We all must do what we feel is right in our heart

Or else it is no fun to get out of bed and each day start

Please remain as a member and keep posting away

It is fun to read and understand what you have to say

Each member has their own style they bring to the sight

And without you on here it just wouldn't seem right

Thanks to all the staff and admins as well for their hard work and time

For without all the efforts of everyone involved this site would not be worth a dime

• MH81, hamman, KennyP and 10 others have said thanks

#25 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,362 Thanks
  • 1,808 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 08:42 AM

THANK YOU.

Still new here, but knew behind the curtain, A few, doin Heavy Lifting, made / make it #1 HERE, For the many.

If Deplorable, must mean Caring & Helpful to Others, then I get it. Standing for something,

Not falling for everything. :thumbs:

... 'When 'the truth' becomes irrelevant, and perception is all that matters, then the tail wags the dog, and (as you know) that ain't quite right.'

Rasc  salute.jpg

BE Well.

• MH81, hamman, KennyP and 5 others have said thanks

#26 ericjr16 ONLINE  

ericjr16
  • Member No: 54135
  • 1,046 Thanks
  • 573 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 08:45 AM

I can relate somewhat. I'm a mod at another site. Not fun at times. Sounds like you doing right by you. Your work was appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 4,714 Thanks
  • 4,435 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 08:51 AM

Thank you Alan, God bless.

#28 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 7,986 Thanks
  • 3,861 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 09:32 AM

Thanks Alan, for your hard work and all your great posts. Sounds like I know you personally, but I don't. But thats what this site does to people. Makes you feel at home and know people as if you were in their kitchen. Hopefully you still have and still use your tractors, tell us about them and what your doing.  Kinda knew something was going on.

Noel

• MH81, hamman, KennyP and 6 others have said thanks

#29 Arti OFFLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,362 Thanks
  • 988 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 09:58 AM

Many thanks for all the dedication and hard work you have put into this site.

I've always looked at life as a Book, we live a chapter and then it becomes time to turn the page to the next chapter in our life. I hope you come back to this chapter in your life just to visit with us again.

God Bless

• MH81, hamman, Cvans and 6 others have said thanks

#30 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,612 Thanks
  • 17,951 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 10:25 AM

Thanks for your years of mod service Alan , Looking forward to still chatting with you here for how ever many more years we are here as a regular member.

• MH81, hamman, Cvans and 4 others have said thanks