#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,371 Thanks
  • 7,755 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 05:31 PM

Well lawn was kinda iffy, long in some areas, not so much in others, BUT, thought it needed it to be mowed.  SO, got the little Deere out and went at it. Didn't get the push out for trim or nothing, just did close as could on rider. Good enough for now.  Found too low spots with some watery muddish  stuff and got tractor dirty couple of times. THEN, got out the Snapper King and went around with roller once more in the places that I wanted to flatten the most. Was last years fixes, still kinda tall compared to rest of areas. That went good and drained the drum, will put away when can get in garage again. Had to move the trailers too, they usually sink in ground at tires, kill all the grass where parked or such if not moved. I rolled over those spots too to push down the wheel holes. AND, got into garage some to mess with the Sun Star some. Fiddled some with metal staightening sides of hood. One went pretty good, other is gonna take more work. They will NEVER be smooth as they once were, heh!  I have dollies and body hammers and they do work pretty good, but best is still same hammers with the metal on floor if flat enough. Tore into the one wheel bearings and the spindle bushings, will be getting new. Had to split the bushings to get them out. Had one drive all the way down against the bottom one, but that one just would not push thru. That is the worn one looks like. These bearings are biggest I have seen in GT. The axles are 1" and the OD on bearings is 2".   Most are 3/4 and 1-3/8 on other tractors. Think I found some on epay, have to go back and look at those now.

Well, not bad day, pretty nice, no rain and good to be out there. Gonna have to build myself up for summer, My back hurts and over-all sore and stiff from working on floor too much.  Soon the lifts and benches will be out and used again, can stand up at least!

• grnspot110, KennyP, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,960 Thanks
  • 2,597 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 07:29 PM

yup I mowed for teh 1st time of the season today too, with all the rain we have had this past week and supposed to fire back up the rain machine overnite and for next couple days again,  my high spots would be unable to get thru if I had waited til after this next batch coming in....

• boyscout862 and Sawdust have said thanks

#3 JBRamsey ONLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 1,312 Thanks
  • 761 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 08:16 PM

I never stopped mowing this year. I mowed Thanksgiving week, between Christmas and New Years and again the second week of January. Right now I'm mowing every fourth day.
  • KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,141 Thanks
  • 44,148 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 05:33 AM

I gotta get the big Toro out of hibernation. The back 40 is getting tall!

#5 Kster526 ONLINE  

Kster526
  • Member No: 77872
  • 738 Thanks
  • 480 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 05:41 AM

No mowing in Oley ,Pa yet. I did take the snow blower of the GT 235 ,sharpened the blades and installed the deck as it looks like it will be very soon. Still have the blade on the 210 just in case but not feeling like that will be an issue.

Edited by Kster526, April 03, 2017 - 05:42 AM.

• Sawdust and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#6 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,740 Thanks
  • 5,580 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 07:38 AM

I pushed my front yard on Thurs, said I was going to wait until April, but with weekend activities and threat of rain, had to get it done.

I don't even have a rider working for my back yard, guess I better get something working soon :wallbanging:

• Sawdust said thank you

#7 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 5,363 Thanks
  • 3,262 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 07:58 AM

I mowed too yesterday for the first time. It was wet in some spots especially the storm drain area by the road. Like Tahoe I had to use my push mower. In tired of soaking money in my Bolens deck. My Cub needs the engine back together, that was suppose to be a winter project. It wasn't bad it takes me about three hours to push mow but it felt good to smell the fresh grass flying again.

Edited by Sawdust, April 03, 2017 - 07:59 AM.

• TAHOE said thank you

#8 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,819 Thanks
  • 6,053 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 09:17 AM

Used the cub a couple weeks ago to grind up some of the small twigs.  Lawn is patch with tall/short areas.  Been raining off and on for the last 10 days.  Had a couple days of 4-6 hours of no rain.  Had light rain and drizzle all day yesterday.  Woke up this morning to hard rain and still getting light rain.  Going to we several days after the rain quits before  any mowing.  Forecast is another 5 days of off and on rain with little to no sunshine.  As the song goes; "Ain't seen no sunshine since I don't know when".

• grnspot110 and Sawdust have said thanks

#9 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,978 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted April 03, 2017 - 03:31 PM

I mowed for the first time yesterday too with the JD F725.  Will need to take the 755 to the farm to mow as soon as it dries out enough, 1.3" today, more tomorrow night!