Garden Tractor Forums banner

worth a Look Worcester, MA

2K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  MGP59DB 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Won't comment on price or description, but sent seller a text...

" ...looks original and complete...AS IS, It has good value w/ just a cleaning..."

Hopefully there'll be an intervention !!!!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

And yes, I gave him a link to this site :eek:k:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The own doesn't really know much. I'm no expert on Panzers but I do know that the rear end is not a Ford 9". That is a mopar 8 3/4 which is the type of rear axel they are suppose to have.

#9 ·
IF I'm not mistaken, those are not "Mopar" rears, but, rather Plymouth rears????

Way older than Mopar, please correct me if I am in fact @ a "Disconnection" here;)

Reactions: Mark 149 J.
#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
He changed the ad to say mopar now instead of Ford

IF I'm not mistaken, those are not "Mopar" rears, but, rather Plymouth rears????

Way older than Mopar, please correct me if I am in fact @ a "Disconnection" here;)
Just looked at the listing and they changed it from Ford 9" to Mopar rear axle.

You made me think so I looked up the history of the term mopar and this is what the company web site states:

"The term was first used by Chrysler in the 1920s and was introduced as a brand starting in 1937. Mopar parts are original equipment manufactured parts for Chrysler vehicles. The term "Mopar" has passed into broader usage among car enthusiasts as an unambiguous reference to the parent company Chrysler Group LLC." Plymouth was started in 1928 by Chrysler.

I grew up owning only Chrysler products up until a few years ago. We have an expression "Mopar or no car" so I use the term interchangeably with Chrysler, Dodge, or Plymouth. Some people even include Jeep and AMC but most purests usually don't.

Just my 2 cents

#12 ·
LOL - put a V-8 into it....roflma... I have seen a few of these up close , where TF would you put a V8 , ?

All you have to do is build a new frame to support it then a new front steering and suspension , cut room for tranny, LOL on and on ,

Just put the seat on a T bucket and call it a custom.

Over all it looks like most of it is there - would be a good candidate for resto . I'd be in at $200

#14 ·
He's even switched from a Ford 302 to a Mopar V8. He must have a huge selection of car parts at his disposal too. wonder if the 302 is available now that he's not using it in the tractor. :rolling: :rolling:

#15 ·
Didn't notice the grill missing two ribs - never mind - can't even pay $200.

#17 ·
He changed the ad to say mopar now instead of Ford

Just looked at the listing and they changed it from Ford 9" to Mopar rear axle.

You made me think so I looked up the history of the term mopar and this is what the company web site states:
"The term was first used by Chrysler in the 1920s and was introduced as a brand starting in 1937. Mopar parts are original equipment manufactured parts for Chrysler vehicles. The term "Mopar" has passed into broader usage among car enthusiasts as an unambiguous reference to the parent company Chrysler Group LLC." Plymouth was started in 1928 by Chrysler.
I grew up owning only Chrysler products up until a few years ago. We have an expression "Mopar or no car" so I use the term interchangeably with Chrysler, Dodge, or Plymouth. Some people even include Jeep and AMC but most purests usually don't.
Just my 2 cents
I do belive you are correct. I was half asleep, and just got done with work at the time of my last post.

I was thinking about Direct-connection, not Mopar!

I'm the Disconnected one!!!! Lolol

Reactions: Mark 149 J.
#22 ·
Saw that yesterday on CL, that thing is beat , if you look close it looks like the the tube frame is bent , hood is butchered as others have pointed out. Good luck to him.
Good eye!!

After looking again, I see a bent fender, busted grill, some sort of foot pedal added to the driveshaft. She is in sad disrepair.

#24 ·
tube frame is bent , hood is butchered , I see a bent fender, busted grill, some sort of foot pedal added to the driveshaft.the wrong engine and missing engine mounting plate, the hood is cut and the paint is rattle can red ... Original condition?

Here is a BMW Isseta in 'original condition'\

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Wood

Attachments

#26 ·
LOL - put a V-8 into it....roflma... I have seen a few of these up close , where TF would you put a V8 , ?

All you have to do is build a new frame to support it then a new front steering and suspension , cut room for tranny, LOL on and on ,

Just put the seat on a T bucket and call it a custom.

Over all it looks like most of it is there - would be a good candidate for resto . I'd be in at $200
All you have to do is find an Amc sport about wagon. they had V8's And the cross member will bolt right on to the unibody frame sill's in a gremlin.Put a 401 in a gremlin ,and your a dead man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.