Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 6,606 Thanks
  • 7,332 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 07:50 PM

This is how my son stores his tractor along side is his push mower uncover no winterizing just park them and let nature take its course I was there today and my wife told me to try starting it Pullrd the choke a little throttle it crank a little then fired off ran fine Now it that was mine all the connections would be bad gas like varnish dead battery and anything else you could think of

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0396.JPG

• KennyP, boyscout862 and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#32 oldiron1 OFFLINE  

oldiron1
  • Member No: 43924
  • 407 Thanks
  • 259 posts

Posted April 07, 2017 - 12:38 PM

I was in a prediciment last year losing my tractor storage. I figured I'd build as big of a "garden shed" as the city we live in would allow me to build in our back yard which ended up being 16' x 24' which was originally intended to be simply cold storage; a roof over their head.

Well, as my building projects tend to go and with help of some of my family and friends with more skill then I do, one thing led to another and am currently making the shed into the tractor museum I've always dreamed up, but on a smaller scale.

Thanks, Rob

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160723_151344.jpg
  • 20170402_180015.jpg
  • 20170402_180029.jpg

• Alc, wvbuzzmaster, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#33 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,748 Thanks
  • 5,583 posts

Posted April 07, 2017 - 02:19 PM

This is how my son stores his tractor along side is his push mower uncover no winterizing just park them and let nature take its course I was there today and my wife told me to try starting it Pullrd the choke a little throttle it crank a little then fired off ran fine Now it that was mine all the connections would be bad gas like varnish dead battery and anything else you could think of

I have a buddy like that, he has a collection of about 25 Sears, a bunch of cubs, leaves them all outside. Other than a battery and checking the oil, he usually can go out and fire them right up after winter. He started up the 64 Sears DB725 I bought from him after not being started for a year and a half after about 5 pulls.

Like you, Mine are all under cover or in the barn, winterized, they fight me tooth and nail!

• Alc, wvbuzzmaster and boyscout862 have said thanks