• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 Xrperry OFFLINE  

Xrperry
  • Member No: 73285
  • 971 Thanks
  • 740 posts

Posted March 30, 2017 - 07:52 PM

Mine are in a warehouse at work,I use one of them to mow the grass around the property.none are restored, they are as found except for maintenance and a pressure wash. If the paint is good they get a coat of wax I use but not abuse them.
  • wvbuzzmaster, Cvans, chris m and 3 others have said thanks

#17 EricR ONLINE  

EricR
  • Member No: 9495
  • 591 Thanks
  • 380 posts

Posted March 30, 2017 - 08:44 PM

All of our equipment is stored inside, now my father and I have stuff between his house and mine but we are building and shed\work shop, (20x40) and will have all equipment under one roof when complete. I have went through his old tractor (yeah looks like a trailer queen) but all we wanted to do was make it look and run better than new. Two of the 11 we have are retired but all the rest of them will be workers as long as I'm the owner!!!

• Bolens 1000, Cvans, chris m and 1 other said thanks

#18 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,498 Thanks
  • 7,856 posts

Posted March 30, 2017 - 09:01 PM

Get More barns!  Have my big shop/garage, packed to the walls in a pile all around in winter.  Now have 14 x 20 barn, just bought, good thing it has lofts and shelves.  Oh, attic in the big garage, AND, if I really want, a two car garage on the house which I can steal space from at times. mostly in summer.  Not much outside anymore, wife don't like the Junk look in yard.

• Bolens 1000, Cvans, chris m and 2 others have said thanks

#19 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 984 Thanks
  • 759 posts

Posted March 31, 2017 - 11:06 AM

I have always stored mine in a shed or garage since I bought the first one. My shed is only 12 x 20 but not near big enough to store all of my tractors. I also have other things stored in it like a generator, chipper, and push mower. Got to build a new shed as the one I had the wife's and MIL's things in got blown into the neighbors yard across the fence. Going to make it bigger to have more space.

• boyscout862 and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#20 Doug E. ONLINE  

Doug E.
  • Member No: 78641
  • 294 Thanks
  • 159 posts

Posted March 31, 2017 - 06:30 PM

I try to store my tractors, equipment, cars not in use, etc., under cover.  We get enough snow and rain here, that stuff left out begins to decompose in just a few years or less.   Might as well just get rid of anything that will not get a cover over it.  Drier climates have a big advantage over being able to store stuff out. 

I realize complaining won't help, but I wish people would take better care of good equipment.  I'm loosening up rusty parts, cables and such on a BCS tractor.  I don't think it has seen much use, but it has taken some time to get things loosened up.  I opened up the tiller box gearbox, and it looks like it has mud in it from water sitting in it.  So much for just changing the gear oil.  I think the bevel gears will still work, but I don't have much optimism for the bearings.  Somebody spent a pretty pile of shekels for this BCS tractor when it was new, so you would think they would take better care of it.   Go figure.  I did drain the gear lube out of the tranny, and it looked pretty good, I was half expecting some water to drain out. 

Regards,

Doug

• Bolens 1000, Alc, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#21 64fleetside OFFLINE  

64fleetside
  • Member No: 77612
  • 189 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted March 31, 2017 - 06:51 PM

Some of mine are inside shop and a couple under the lean-to in front of my shop, implements are scattered in both also. Don't do any work on the hoods but plants, beverages etc. are put there while gardening and such. Two are in original clothes and two(well one is about 2/3 painted-I just painted the nose parts last night) are repainted. I use them but try to keep them nice.

Edited by 64fleetside, March 31, 2017 - 06:52 PM.

#22 speedbird ONLINE  

speedbird
  • Member No: 8857
  • 279 Thanks
  • 146 posts

Posted April 01, 2017 - 04:58 PM

My deal with my wife  is that I can have any and all the tractors I want-------- As long as they don't sit outside in the yard, so the inside storage limits me from getting to carried away and makes me more selective. My storage area is under the deck. It has a vynl covering on it that makes it water proof.

Floyd.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF6007.JPG

• backwoods, boyscout862, Newpaws493 and 3 others have said thanks

#23 jabelman ONLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 2,050 Thanks
  • 1,504 posts

Posted April 01, 2017 - 05:05 PM

that's some downspout chute! I would be tripping over that
  • speedbird and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#24 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,597 Thanks
  • 2,806 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 05:55 AM

Well currently the projects that I'm working on the plow tractor an the patio are in the garage I have two sitting out side. Now I have an old 10x20 canopy frame that I'm going to put a tarp over this summer to store the non restored or workers in while I'm rebuilding to couple I have lined up. The patio any 200 jd are both under flannel sheets an comforters to make sure they stay nice.

Edited by backwoods, April 02, 2017 - 05:56 AM.

• KennyP, boyscout862 and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#25 MGP59DB OFFLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 1,562 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 07:11 AM

Mine are kept in the garage . It needs some spring cleaning since I 'collected' more treasures over the winter.

S5001586.JPG

I am going to have a big sale this year and get rid of a lot of junk'

I do not set stuff on 'Rusty's' hood .

Edited by MGP59DB, April 02, 2017 - 07:16 AM.

• KennyP, boyscout862 and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#26 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,498 Thanks
  • 44,954 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 07:45 AM

Mine are kept in the garage . It needs some spring cleaning since I 'collected' more treasures over the winter.

attachicon.gifS5001586.JPG

I am going to have a big sale this year and get rid of a lot of junk'

I do not set stuff on 'Rusty's' hood .

Not much of a hood there and it's round!

• boyscout862, MGP59DB and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#27 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 3,636 Thanks
  • 2,733 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 08:35 AM

I try to keep them under some sort of cover. I am currently keeping them in one of those portable garages, or what's left of it after the pine tree fell on it. I have no restored tractors as of yet. I did put 10 mil plastic down under the floor  to keep out some of the ground moisture.

#28 speedbird ONLINE  

speedbird
  • Member No: 8857
  • 279 Thanks
  • 146 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 12:36 PM

that's some downspout chute! I would be tripping over that

There is a bit of a drop there so it helps remind me not  to forget the drop and walk there and fall flat on my face. .  

#29 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 8,213 Thanks
  • 3,959 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 02:09 PM

I would dig a trench and bury a pipe underground, hook it to the down spout, cut the exit end of the underground pipe on a 45 degree angle , or what ever your ground is at. Then no tripping and you can cut the grass without any trouble. Just a thought. I think to much at times.

Noel.
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#30 wvbuzzmaster ONLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,714 Thanks
  • 7,423 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 03:10 PM

I would dig a trench and bury a pipe underground, hook it to the down spout, cut the exit end of the underground pipe on a 45 degree angle , or what ever your ground is at. Then no tripping and you can cut the grass without any trouble. Just a thought. I think to much at times.
Noel.

Forget hand digging the trench, use a garden tractor and plow to dig the trench.
  • propane1 and 637Yeoman have said thanks