4 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,427 Thanks
  • 5,829 posts

Posted March 29, 2017 - 11:01 AM

Not really a tractor but a good acreage mower.  3 wheeled with 48" front deck.  Side discharge with blower type bagger unit.  Deck is off set to the left for mowing under bushes, trees, etc.  Not a true 0 turn but will trim tight against an 8" tree, post, etc.  JD Kawi power unitized system.  Pressurized filter oil system.  Wheel weights, traction assist, steering wheel steer, Gator blades.  Over all good operating condition.  Raining now and for the next several days.  When it quits and I can get it out will change the oil, sharpen blades, etc. and have it ready to go.  Have the manual to go with it.  About 650 hours, give or take.  I am the third owner.  Always inside when not in use.   Have 2 or 3 other mowing units and this is the one I decided to sell.  Asking $900.Members here get first shot at it.  Will go on CL in a couple weeks if no interest here.

• Gtractor, Alc, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,157 Thanks
  • 7,588 posts

Posted March 29, 2017 - 06:18 PM

Those always caught my eye as one I could work with.  Deck way out front to get under some bush like trees and stuff and manuever around same. Steering Wheel too, not levers.  I see them, never too cheap, but think would be nice.

• chieffan said thank you

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 8,427 Thanks
  • 5,829 posts

Posted March 29, 2017 - 06:49 PM

GF loved it when I was laid up with knee replacement a year ago.  Really hate to part with it but have to many mowing units and one has to go.  Keeping the Cub's 1512 and 1018.

#4 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 8,427 Thanks
  • 5,829 posts

Posted April 05, 2017 - 09:35 AM

SOLD

Got the F525 out yesterday as no rain for a change.  Changed oil and filter, etc.  Gave it a good bath.  Batt. was up good from being new last summer.  Tires up good.  Checked with a JD dealer where I got a belt and couple filters once on what this mower was worth.  As a trade in they offered $250 ! !  (Talk about a low ball offer)  Told him I wasn't interested in trade as could do better selling outright, wanted to go to a newer and bigger unit like a 5' deck when they got something in.  Got his attention with that so he told be what they would sell it for.   So that is my now asking price, $700.  Will talk some if you have to travel a distance to get here.

JD-01.JPG    JD-02.JPG    JD-03.JPG    JD-04.JPG

Edited by chieffan, April 05, 2017 - 03:15 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#5 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 12,969 Thanks
  • 9,524 posts

Posted April 05, 2017 - 09:34 PM

Somebody got themselves a good deal, me thinks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sold