• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RobR OFFLINE  

RobR
  • Member No: 82392
  • 15 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted March 28, 2017 - 09:10 AM

I'm in the process of doing a complete restoration of a DB Suburban.  I am using the best parts from each of the two Suburbans I bought, both basket cases, a '59 and a '61.  The "package deal" included some extra parts, including an extra clutch lever.  I'm calling it a mystery clutch lever due to the shape.  As you can see from the attached photos, it is bent rather than straight.  Both my '59 and '61 have straight levers, as is the case with any I have ever seen as well as illustrated in the parts diagram.  Has anyone ever seen the offset clutch lever, as I'm calling it?  It appears to be "factory" since it is well done??

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3839.JPG
  • IMG_3840.JPG

#2 oldmanmopar OFFLINE  

oldmanmopar
  • Member No: 55570
  • 123 Thanks
  • 80 posts

Posted March 28, 2017 - 09:47 AM

I had one similar looking. My son bent it trying to move the tractor sideways on the trailer when we bought it.  It looked almost exactly like yours. It had the S in it from him trying to bend it back.

#3 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 1,253 Thanks
  • 783 posts

Posted March 28, 2017 - 03:06 PM

You can never assume that something is factory just because of appearance remember there is a craftsman behind all parts and I have seen some amazing work done in garage settings.

#4 RobR OFFLINE  

RobR
  • Member No: 82392
  • 15 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted March 28, 2017 - 03:39 PM

The accidental bending by trying to move it sideways is certainly a possibility oldmanmopar, but the fact that it's identical in height, even with the bend, still has me wondering.  I do agree with you Eric that some amazing work is done in garage settings, but the question is why would someone do this?  I was thinking that a DB guy might have seen this application somewhere along the way and could shed some light, even though it's not really important.  So far, every part I have seen on these two different year Suburbans, has been identical.