#1 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 484 Thanks
  • 589 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 11:24 AM

I have read the horror stories with New Holland and I have lived it. Their customer service is a nightmare. I purchased a brand new, off the lot, Boomer 24. Within 9 months the tractor was in the shop close to 40 days. New seals and wheel bearings in the right front wheel, backhoe had to be rebuilt due to control module leaking, new glow plugs and 2 new mufflers. I have fought them for 6 months trying to get them to stand behind their product and they will NOT! I have been deceived, lied and disgraced by this company. If you have a valid reason for wanting to return the tractor they will fabricate stories. One story is they didn't want to negotiate with me because they stated that I quit paying payments on my loan. That was a total lie. The next day they came back and stated I had misused the equipment causing it to fail. Then they stated that the tractor had been out of service for only 11 hours. When I first got the paperwork from New Holland Dealership it totaled to be 32 business days (M-F). That's only about 1200 hours off. This tractor has been well taken care of. I have changed ALL fluids at the hours they recommend. This tractor has had a fairly easy life. The backhoe has only dug dirt but isn't that what it supposed to do? I have never had a issue with a company like this. I am a fairly easy guy to get along with but New Holland/CNHI is absolutely a horrible company. Yes, I will be paying them payments for a few more years but I will vow to my death that I will NEVER buy another New Holland product. Take heed and do not have the aggrevation that I have/am experiencing with New Holland. If you want a new tractor I would buy a John Deere in a hot second. I have always said you are buying a paint job when purchasing a John Deere. I no longer have that mindset because I have seen their customer services standards!

I was asked to take the video down (that's posted below) by New Holland. As you can see it's back up and running. New Holland proposed a deal for me that I could trade my tractor in for a new one. The the catch was that I owe 25k on my tractor and they only wanted to give me a 20k trade in value. New Holland said they would be nice enough to pay $50.00 dollars of the difference of the $5000.

https://youtu.be/lPipmjtEh3U

Here is a video that describes my original complaint with New Holland! Updates will be available.

Edited by SearsYellow, March 27, 2017 - 11:38 AM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Bruce Dorsi and 11 others have said thanks

#2 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 6,185 Thanks
  • 5,948 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 02:18 PM

Boy you really got yourself a lemon. A blue lemon. I'm sorry for you for sure. I'd be eating Rolaids like popcorn right now if I were you. Have you thought about contacting your States Attorney? They might be able to help get this resolved. 

I first read about New Hollands warranty in the Farm Show. Every media outlet that I could think of would get contacted if NH wouldn't help.

Keep us updated and I hope this turns out OK for you in the end.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 484 Thanks
  • 589 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 03:08 PM

I did contact the Attorney General. I also had a lawyer working for me and she couldn't get anything done. They were being to wishy washy. Whenever I thought I had a conclusion they would move me to another lawyer. Emily Lawrence, Bunza and Druckrey is the three lawyers I dealt with at New Holland. When I called to retract my complaint from the Attorney General he stated a lot of people are getting things done by social media. I don't know IF I would take any deal now. I've wore myself out over this for 6 months. They've had plenty of time to make this right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Gtractor and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,987 Thanks
  • 1,322 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 03:30 PM

Tell them you will take the video down if they eat the $5000 difference on the new tractor

#5 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 484 Thanks
  • 589 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 03:35 PM

I took the video down and they offered me $50.00. lol

#6 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,793 Thanks
  • 4,773 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 07:15 PM

Eating five grand to get out from under that junker might not be so bad in the long run.   Then sue for the difference and/or start a real negative campaign.  A picket line in front - the whole enchilada.   Go right for the juggler vein.

My uncle bought a Kubota brand new and its not much better than what you are dealing with.  He is an auctioneer,  THE auctioneer in this area and I bet that helps the dealer try a little harder because uncle has a P A system in his hand at least three days a week and a large group of people standing around listening to what he has to say.  :angel:

#7 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,025 Thanks
  • 2,685 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 07:37 PM

I cannot tell you the last thing that I bought that was new enough to have any factory warranty left, by the time I got it.

• Gtractor, boyscout862 and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#8 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 1,793 Thanks
  • 966 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 07:55 PM

I cannot tell you the last thing that I bought that was new enough to have any factory warranty left, by the time I got it.

There is a lot to be said for letting someone else work out the factory bugs and take the initial depreciation hit.

• boyscout862, UncleWillie, 637Yeoman and 1 other said thanks

#9 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 646 Thanks
  • 754 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 08:35 PM

You have to love being a test pilot of any new stuff produced today,, they make it but obviously don't field test it well or long enough before rushing it to the market to get market share and profit and in many cases run and hide or have a zillion excuses why you caused it to fail after they get their money and your stuck.

Sorry to hear of your troubles hope you can resolve it.

• boyscout862 and adamjd200 have said thanks

#10 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 6,724 Thanks
  • 4,885 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 08:42 PM

. Emily Lawrence, Bunza and Druckrey is the three lawyers I dealt with at New Holland.

Sounds more like you are dealing with Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe.

• Cvans and boyscout862 have said thanks

#11 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 484 Thanks
  • 589 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 08:45 PM

Eating five grand to get out from under that junker might not be so bad in the long run.

I couldn't pay an extra 5k for a different tractor. Especially losing the backhoe and still paying 3k more for just a tractor.

#12 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,018 Thanks
  • 8,793 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 10:30 PM

The industry standard for almost everything is "new defective". I've ranted before about the foreign steel that is less than 1/6th the strength it is supposed to be. I won't go into it again.

I bought my 15 year old Ford TLB 30+ years ago for $5000. It needs work but still runs and has paid for itself a couple of times over. I really don't want to buy anything newer than 1999, especially cars.

Does your local TV station look at consumer complaints? We have two that have some success. It sounds pretty bad. I hope that this works out for you. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, March 27, 2017 - 10:31 PM.

• Cvans and Doug E. have said thanks

#13 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,856 Thanks
  • 3,395 posts

Posted March 28, 2017 - 03:34 AM

I have heard these same horror stories about Kubota and John Deere as well... Is your tractor dealer a big ag guy or a smaller multi brand dealer?
I had a big NH tractor and it lost a sensor for the hydraulic pressure in the transmission.dealer could not figure it out so we called NH directly (had help from salesman he was good friend of pops) and he sent me schematics for it and the sensor and walked me through the diagnostic steps. It was way easy and had it fixed in a few minutes..the dealer was there for 3 days and could not figure it out... So NH was and has always been good to us. Never been down for more than 3 days...they have been to the farm with in a few hours for calls on various other issues,even different brands..
As having been said on here many times...your dealer and his support is everything to a new tractor..

#14 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,018 Thanks
  • 8,793 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 07:20 AM

I have heard these same horror stories about Kubota and John Deere as well... Is your tractor dealer a big ag guy or a smaller multi brand dealer?
I had a big NH tractor and it lost a sensor for the hydraulic pressure in the transmission.dealer could not figure it out so we called NH directly (had help from salesman he was good friend of pops) and he sent me schematics for it and the sensor and walked me through the diagnostic steps. It was way easy and had it fixed in a few minutes..the dealer was there for 3 days and could not figure it out... So NH was and has always been good to us. Never been down for more than 3 days...they have been to the farm with in a few hours for calls on various other issues,even different brands..
As having been said on here many times...your dealer and his support is everything to a new tractor..

Doesn't say much for the training of the dealer mechanic. The kids don't seem to be able to analyse things in their heads very well, anymore. BTW, I consider all people under 50 as kids. Good Luck, Rick

#15 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 6,185 Thanks
  • 5,948 posts

Posted April 02, 2017 - 08:56 AM

Doesn't say much for the training of the dealer mechanic. 

I'm wondering if these cars and tractors aren't just getting too darned complicated for anyone mechanic to deal with. Many times the problems that are the hardest to figure out are the ones that only show up once in a guys career. That's when it's nice to have the support of a knowledgeable factory service rep.  

• SearsYellow said thank you