• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 5,363 Thanks
  • 3,261 posts

Posted March 28, 2017 - 07:07 PM

A lot of comfort going down the road knowing you put that extra effort in the repairs. Keep plenty of space to fill on the way back. Nice job.

#17 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,714 Thanks
  • 7,423 posts

Posted March 28, 2017 - 07:20 PM

Whenever you load a trailer to the max it is always good to know you paid up for the fattest axle U bolts and new genuine Dexter axle parts.
  • Alc and Sawdust have said thanks

#18 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 6,431 Thanks
  • 7,236 posts

Posted March 29, 2017 - 05:36 AM

I don't know if it's worth going to greaseable   eye bolts for the extra costs .   I've never worn anything I've owned as bad as yours  but some might want to consider using them .  Here's a good question answered about upgrading to them .

https://www.etrailer...tion-35388.html

• KennyP and Sawdust have said thanks

#19 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,740 Thanks
  • 5,580 posts

Posted March 29, 2017 - 06:50 AM

. Keep plenty of space to fill on the way back. Nice job.

I've gotten suckered into buying something every time I've went to Daniel's plow day...not taking any money this year  LOL

• wvbuzzmaster, KennyP and Sawdust have said thanks

#20 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • 7,740 Thanks
  • 5,580 posts

Posted March 29, 2017 - 06:55 AM

I don't know if it's worth going to greaseable   eye bolts for the extra costs .   I've never worn anything I've owned as bad as yours  but some might want to consider using them .  Here's a good question answered about upgrading to them .

https://www.etrailer...tion-35388.html

That could be an option, but I believe this repair will outlast the lift of the rest of the trailer. I don't pull a lot of heavy stuff anymore either like my cousin did, he had two large metal boxes bolted to the front floor that held all his metal form pins/stakes and then it was almost always loaded with his 16' from board for pouring basement footers. He worked it pretty hard.

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#21 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,614 Thanks
  • 916 posts

Posted March 29, 2017 - 08:51 AM

I've gotten suckered into buying something every time I've went to Daniel's plow day...not taking any money this year  LOL

I seem to remember you already tried that, still didn't work! Remember, this is an addiction, feeding it is a viable alternative to rehab!

• wvbuzzmaster and TAHOE have said thanks

#22 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,714 Thanks
  • 7,423 posts

Posted March 29, 2017 - 04:55 PM

Just dont lose your hat lol. I bet Daniel can sell you a hat if you lose yours though lol.

#23 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,927 Thanks
  • 2,072 posts

Posted March 29, 2017 - 08:08 PM

I have to finish replacing the brakes on my '03 bri Mar, have to literally cut the old backing plates off, getting to crunch time as well for me, mother nature has been less than helpful.

Ended up replacing the equalizer and associated shackles and hardware, have to pick​up a pack of bushings and will be able to get this side back together, then on to the next, you're right about the whole thing being a pain.
  • TAHOE said thank you

#24 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • 7,740 Thanks
  • 5,580 posts

Posted March 30, 2017 - 07:24 AM

Took it for it's "maiden voyage" last night to haul some large creek rock, I hardly knew it was behind me without all the creaking and jingling of the lose shackles. :rocker2: :rocker2:

Casey, I don't lose too many hats, I keep those under lock and key and on my head :D

• KennyP said thank you

#25 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • 7,740 Thanks
  • 5,580 posts

Posted March 30, 2017 - 07:24 AM

Ended up replacing the equalizer and associated shackles and hardware, have to pick​up a pack of bushings and will be able to get this side back together, then on to the next, you're right about the whole thing being a pain.

do you pull in the winter with all the salt used up there?

#26 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,927 Thanks
  • 2,072 posts

Posted March 30, 2017 - 09:34 AM

do you pull in the winter with all the salt used up there?

I just bought this one a couple of months ago, previous owner said it was not towed in salt, it's an '03, previous owner didn't use the brakes, gutted the backing plates when the pads started breaking apart, so far I have had to cut the old backing plates off, and I literally had to melt the bushings out of the springs to get the bolts out. I will park this trailer in the winter like I do my other one.
  • KennyP and TAHOE have said thanks