I knew this needed done a couple years ago, but kept putting it off. Planning on going to plow day at Daniel's so had to be done. Parts cost me $60 and I spent a good solid 6 hours on it. The bolts all had knurled shoulders so they were tight in the brackets. I cut off most of bolt heads and nuts, some slid out, most required the use of the air chisel, some required some heat and the chisel.
It was a rough day for my body too, rose up hit the jack I was using and now have a bruised forehead. Then using hammer/punch to drive out a bolt...of course we all know what happens there, I am hoping my knuckle is not broken. Finally, right after cutting off a nut, I laid my hand on the ground, right were the nut fell, got a nice burn on my pinky. I'm not including all the rust in my eyes in ears and the small scratch on my phone screen when I dropped it taking pics.
You can see from the pics, it was plum worn out. I've had trailer for 10 yrs, pulling some heavy stuff. Most holes were oblong and the bolts on the shackles all had grooves in them about half diameter of the bolts. Even the equalizers had oblong holes.
My cousin owned it for 6-10 yrs and it was always loaded with heavy concrete form stuff. Who knows what previous owner(s) did will it. It was rode hard and put away wet. I even had the hitch replace
3 yrs ago as the ball had worn through the cup, never seen that before.
Anyway, suspension is back in good shape and I'll just need to repack bearings/check brakes before my trip.