Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Bolens 813 Transaxle sheave. (Peerless 623)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bhaycock OFFLINE  

bhaycock
  • Member No: 86170
  • 25 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted March 26, 2017 - 08:44 PM

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with the diameter of the correct transaxle sheave on an 813.   After fighting with trying to get the correct belt (A63K - 65") on my tractor (it was so tight I had to cut it off), I think I found the problem.  It looks to me as if someone has changed the sheave on the transaxle for a unit with larger diameter.  It barley clears the back wall and there is no way the "correct" belt will fit.  I have the parts manuals etc. but the description doesn't give the actual size of the sheave.  The one on my tractor does not resemble the picture in the manual.  Any chance someone knows the diameter of the stock sheave?  Much thanks

ps I got it to work by sub'ing in a larger belt, but it's pretty low-geared now.

• pharmer said thank you

#2 pharmer ONLINE  

pharmer

• Member No: 4250
  • 821 Thanks
  • 748 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 11:18 AM

I'll try to get a measurement on mine. In the parts breakdown it shows 2 different ones. What is the diameter of the one you have on yours now ?
  • bhaycock said thank you

#3 pharmer ONLINE  

pharmer

• 821 Thanks
  • 748 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 04:58 PM

I measure 8" across
20.32 cm

Edited by pharmer, March 27, 2017 - 06:01 PM.

• bhaycock said thank you

#4 bhaycock OFFLINE  

bhaycock
  • Member No: 86170
  • 25 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 08:59 PM

Ok I get very close to that - it's pretty tight in there but it appears to be 8 -8 1/2 in.  Very strange.  I managed to roll a 65" belt on there but it was sooo tight that the belt woudn't slip at all, even on the smallest sheave on the engine shaft. I ended up having to cut it off.  The parts diagram I have for the 813 shows a spoked sheave on the transaxle with the lock screws in the center of the hub (ie between the spokes).  The one on here is solid sheave with an extended hub out of the top with the set screws very near the top of the shaft.  Not that it really matters, it's working fine with a larger belt, but I was just curious as to what was different on this tractor.  Thanks very much for the quick reply.

#5 pharmer ONLINE  

pharmer

• 821 Thanks
  • 748 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 09:20 PM

No problem. The one on mine is spoked.