• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,114 Thanks
  • 2,823 posts

Posted November 18, 2017 - 04:11 PM

Thanks. That diagram is different than what the many that are in my Ariens manual but still more complicated than this tractor will be when all is said and done.

#17 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,114 Thanks
  • 2,823 posts

Posted November 18, 2017 - 08:28 PM

Oh, the factory circuit breaker is 15-20 amp, I think.

Well, having the remains of the original harness, plus the one that I got on here from member Dayton King that came from a NH S16, and also most of the remnants of a 3rd harness that came on a parts S16H that I retrieved from EPay last year, I have 5 circuit breakers.  all look like they "could" be 40-some years old, the studs on #6 decided to twist off. I should have paid more attn. to what wire colors were on each as I stripped things down but I had 3, 6A and 3, 20A. circuit breakers here, 5 appear usable. got 3, 6A and 2, 20A.  wire brushed the cases off and found that info stamped into the side. 

I'm GUESSING that the 6A was for the PTO clutch and the 20A was for the lights?  that's how I am putting this one together unless someone knows different and posts something up.

I am putting LED tail lights on, and if I can find suitable LED headlights, I will probably swap over to them as well.  but for now I will use up my good working glass headlights. the original tail lights weren't worth salvaging when I took the body apart for fiberglass repair anyways.

#18 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,292 Thanks
  • 44,870 posts

Posted November 19, 2017 - 07:08 AM

I looked back on that diagram and the 6A is for the PTO, #12.

• dodge trucker said thank you

#19 drbish OFFLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,531 Thanks
  • 1,346 posts

Posted November 19, 2017 - 08:51 AM

Here are a couple more.These do not look as complicated

Ariens74.5.jpg Ariens74.6.jpg

• KennyP and dodge trucker have said thanks

#20 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,114 Thanks
  • 2,823 posts

Posted November 19, 2017 - 09:12 AM

I looked back on that diagram and the 6A is for the PTO, #12.

IDK why I didn't see that....

#21 drbish OFFLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,531 Thanks
  • 1,346 posts

Posted November 19, 2017 - 09:17 AM

GT engines and S engines and another diagram.

Ariens74.7.jpg Ariens74.8.jpg Ariens74.9.jpg

• KennyP and dodge trucker have said thanks

#22 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,114 Thanks
  • 2,823 posts

Posted November 19, 2017 - 11:24 PM

well ok now... it starts real easy now on its own without disconnecting and/or jumpering anything, just hit the key and it goes... headlights work, (waiting on my new LED's for the back), wire run back there) and PTO appears to work (no deck or anything on tractor at the moment) 

this is the easiest this machine has started since I brought it home a year ago, have been dabbling here and there since I brought it home.....

It only took parts of 3 junk harnesses, some solder, some terminals, heat shrink, some new wire along the way, and more time than I remember spending on such a job in years past.  Very basic, no frills, and the tractor lost at least 5 pounds of "extras"   no more waterlogged/ rusty modules that can't be had anymore anyways,

no more Scotchloks, ( I hate them things with a passion, remnants of past owner(s) good riddance.

I say it took parts of 3 harnesses because I had to rob the plastic connectors and it took that many to get enough good connectors that weren't at least partly BBQ'd,  and the locking spade terminals that snap into those connectors.... I used the locking spades and cut them as needed, then added new wire to that as needed to reach everything that needed to be..... every connection but 1 soldered and heat shrinked.  only exception was the insulated bullet connector that I added to the R terminal from the switch which is the 12v feed to the regulator/rectifier.

no smoke, only thing that went even slightly wrong was that I had the ammeter connections backwards, was showing discharge when it should have been showing charge, verified with  Fluke meter....

None of the Ariens wiring diagrams apply to this machine any more.

OK zazzo, you out there somewhere? time for you to come in and take your thread back over.....

Edited by dodge trucker, November 19, 2017 - 11:27 PM.