• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zazzo OFFLINE  

zazzo
  • Member No: 85599
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted March 26, 2017 - 06:07 PM

hello just swapped out kohler k341 (bad crank bearings) with a k301 in and running good . the wiring is a mess all safety switches were already been bypassed when i bought tractor . my plan is to clean up the mess and start over. my question is the front and rear pto can i wire them with direct 12 volt power and  fuses  or do they need special wiring such as relays? thanks  

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,663 Thanks
  • 7,409 posts

Posted March 26, 2017 - 06:57 PM

Electric PTO will be fine on just a switch and fuse. My New Holland is same except rewiring is tough. PO repainted tractor blue and white (i eliminated his white for straight blue). But anyway, he taped off some stuff, painted the rest. When tracing the blue wire... they all are blue lol
  • zazzo said thank you

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,663 Thanks
  • 7,409 posts

Posted March 26, 2017 - 06:58 PM

Oh, the factory circuit breaker is 15-20 amp, I think.

#4 zazzo OFFLINE  

zazzo
  • Member No: 85599
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted March 26, 2017 - 07:24 PM

thanks for reply wanted some input before i get started . dont like surprises .especially expensive ones!!!

• dodge trucker said thank you

#5 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,885 Thanks
  • 2,505 posts

Posted March 26, 2017 - 09:58 PM

too bad you're so far away, I could use that K341.... but I must say those crank bearings rarely go bad, that I have seen.

I have a GT19 and a S16H that I will be rewiring, using my  (sperry) New Holland S14H as a template for my new wiring harnesses. .

#6 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,885 Thanks
  • 2,505 posts

Posted June 24, 2017 - 03:09 PM

I was wondering if you ever got anywhere on this? I saw a very low model number version of these machines last week and it didn't have 1/3 of the crap on it.... No stupid module to go haywire.... And looked 100% original like it came that way when new..
They should have stayed with the K.I.S.S. principle on these machines like those early ones, less to go wrong with them that way.