#1 drbish OFFLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,496 Thanks
  • 1,316 posts

Posted March 25, 2017 - 06:43 PM

Went to the auction today,There were many older pieces of equipment for sale.

The highest priced tractor went for 1700.00,Tthe Eshelmen it was all original with front wheel weights,but still way more than I was expecting,A nos hh60 tecumseh went for 175.00The Rototiller B16 went for

!00.00

There was a Wm Didier Sickle bar that at the time I did not have any idea what it was for the Ford 165 garden tractor that sold I do not recollect what the Tractor sold for but the sickckle bar went for 175.00

I did not purchase any equipment but did have my eye on a box that had some manuals in it plus some older tilloston carb parts.

When it came time for my box the auctioneer said every thing in the corner was up for bids.I was determined to get what I was after.It cost me almost fifty dollars for the winning bid but I came out alright.

I pulled a storage wars trick and stayed behind and went thru the box.Just about every pice of equipment sold had the manual in the box.Including the correspondence with eshelman regarding not getting the parts that he ordered for him to rebuid the tractor.

This was an old nursery that the owners had deceased and every thing that was there was bought by the owner new.

I do not see 1700 for a tractor that you did not even know if it ran.I do have the notes that it was rebuilt in 1964

• Bolens 1000, Gtractor, Bruce Dorsi and 4 others have said thanks

#2 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,638 Thanks
  • 4,702 posts

Posted March 25, 2017 - 06:51 PM

Thanx for the update. 
The Eshelman will probably be on ebay next week for three grand +.  :(

• Bolens 1000, Columbia236, propane1 and 1 other said thanks

#3 Columbia236 ONLINE  

Columbia236
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 23802
  • 343 Thanks
  • 119 posts

Posted March 26, 2017 - 08:21 AM

I think location has a lot to do with it , I talked with a collector from N.C. at the Portland swap years ago and he said garden tractors were hard to find in the south. I can`t see that tractor selling for  800 here in Ohio  but you never know auctions are unpredictable. Thanks for the update  Chuck 

• drbish said thank you

#4 MiCarl OFFLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 1,746 Thanks
  • 932 posts

Posted March 26, 2017 - 11:43 AM

People will do strange stuff at auctions.  I was at one once where people were paying more for used tools than I'd recently seen the same tools for new.

Once with my ex-wife we were at an auction where there was a steamer trunk she wanted.  It opened at $5 and my wife was the only bidder.  She'd run it up to $20 before I could grab her hand and make her stop out bidding herself.

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#5 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,957 Thanks
  • 2,591 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 09:15 AM

I sure could use that NOS HH60 from that sale.

As far as people paying more money for used, I remember going to alot of farm sales where 2 neighbors of the farm where the sale is held get into it and it becomes more about "you ain't getting this item" and the prices get stupid.