Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Needed badly......Massey/Snapper 4850 3pt tiller!!!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted June 11, 2011 - 02:07 AM

Been awhile since I've been on here........spring planting has been hell around here again this year........have replanted beans twice now and possibly looking at having to spot them in again since its rained over an inch recently but oh well! I'm building a new farm shop and am in need of locating a massey or snapper 4850 tiller in working condition. Need it for ground preparation around the job site to establish a new lawn around and in front of shop and farm office. Would think that would leave a beautiful seed bed for grass. If anybody spots one please let me know. Much appreciated! Luke

#2 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1300
  • 19 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted June 11, 2011 - 06:54 AM

How bad??? I have a snappernew 021.jpg

I can get it to north portal Saskatchewan no charge, shipping is yours after that. I want 600.00 obo Canadian please ( jeez that is different to say). It is very weathered but in great mechanical shape includes drive shaft and the proper pins for lower arms. I also have the Massey version (not for sale, unless you want to pay allot more, it is like new shape) which is identical in every way other than the badging, made by the same company and sticker as well. This tiller is well built and if used they way they should be it will out last your tractor, I think they maybe a little slow but I am comparing it to a 42 inch I have.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0849.jpg
  • new 023.jpg
  • new 018.jpg
  • new 019.jpg
  • new 017.jpg
  • new 020.jpg

#3 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted June 11, 2011 - 08:45 AM

Any 2000 rpm cat 0 tiller will work. John Deere, Cub Cadet

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted June 11, 2011 - 08:47 AM

Luke, I was thinking you had already found/bought a tiller????

#5 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted June 11, 2011 - 12:56 PM

No, never did find one olcowhand, that was a snowblower. I want to stick with a Snapper or Massey version and they seem very scarce! Sure alot of them have made it to the scrapyard unfortunately! Luke

#6 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted June 11, 2011 - 01:48 PM

Hey ErnRemy.......give me a call 1-815-673-3580.........need some more info! Luke

#7 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted June 11, 2011 - 02:18 PM

No, never did find one olcowhand, that was a snowblower. Luke

Yes sir, that it was!

#8 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• 19 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted June 15, 2011 - 07:26 AM

Hey ErnRemy.......give me a call 1-815-673-3580.........need some more info! Luke

I called left a message

#9 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 12:45 AM

Yeah, my wife told me ya called! Sorry I haven't got back with ya just got dry enough for me to get back in the field again and haven't had a moment to touch base with you again! Have your number and will be in touch asap.......appreciate it! Thanks Luke

#10 sirois9 OFFLINE  

sirois9

• Member No: 8086
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted January 03, 2012 - 11:58 AM

Hi ErnRemy, Do you still happen to have this 48" Snapper Tiller? I have a Massey Fergeson Garden Tractor 1855, in of which I put in a new 25 force Kohler engine. I stripped the tractor down to nothing and re-built it from top to bottom and re-painted it, I even put all new decals on it. It looks great, so, now all I need is a tiller... If you still have it let me know? Or, if anyone else knows where I can find one, let me know?
Thanx.

#11 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,334 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted January 03, 2012 - 12:47 PM

:welcome: to GTTalk
When you get a chance, please go to the member introductions & take a few seconds to intro yourself & your GT.

Also, you may want to put a want ad in our classified sections.

#12 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• 19 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted January 05, 2012 - 12:31 AM

Hi ErnRemy, Do you still happen to have this 48" Snapper Tiller? I have a Massey Fergeson Garden Tractor 1855, in of which I put in a new 25 force Kohler engine. I stripped the tractor down to nothing and re-built it from top to bottom and re-painted it, I even put all new decals on it. It looks great, so, now all I need is a tiller... If you still have it let me know? Or, if anyone else knows where I can find one, let me know?
Thanx.

yep still have it but I noticed I did not get pictures of the tines I will post some asap as for the price I think it will move a little. I do have an extra 42 inch if you want cheaper. The 1855 is a good size tractor for the 4850 the 4250 is a little small. The tiller is not costing me much, hook behind my snapper 1855 that is awaiting to be rebuilt as well, but my hiobbies have turned a little to the machine shop hobbies could buy a few tools with the money