#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,361 Thanks
  • 7,747 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 04:42 PM

Was in 70's today here. WAS going to get up and do things, But the wind is blowing so bad, can't work in that!  Kind of warm and Cool at same time, heh!  Supposd to be warmer next few days, but some rain to ruin that of course. I want to get my roller out and do yard while soft, but it's buried in back of shed and have to pull things out just to get it out.  THAT will take half a day!!

• Traill95, old coot, toppop52 and 1 other said thanks

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,089 Thanks
  • 44,105 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 05:14 PM

Time to dig that sucker out, Gary!

#3 Traill95 OFFLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• Member No: 8763
  • 1,809 Thanks
  • 999 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 05:22 PM

70's here too so I Rolled the yard, helped the son replace the rear tire on his Harley, Dug the deck furniture out of the Barn. then went over to Penfield IL. to check out an auction they are having tomorrow. Windy day and busy day.

Edited by Traill95, March 24, 2017 - 05:22 PM.

#4 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 1,276 Thanks
  • 1,487 posts

Posted March 25, 2017 - 06:54 AM

Not that warm here yet, still around the freezing mark. Probably going to get the summer tractors out anyways, change oil, sharpen blades, tune em up

#5 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,976 Thanks
  • 1,250 posts

Posted March 25, 2017 - 08:40 AM

Blower unit does not come off tractor for another month! Never mind global warming. April showers can turn into massive dump of snow as there is a fine line between rain and snow on my thermometer.

#6 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 4,719 Thanks
  • 4,441 posts

Posted March 25, 2017 - 08:54 AM

Being near the coast, our spring depends on wind direction.

#7 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 1,276 Thanks
  • 1,039 posts

Posted March 25, 2017 - 12:28 PM

48 degrees right now 10:20 AM. Filtered sun slight breeze. Low last night 25. Could make 70 today for 15 minuets between 3;45 and 4;00 but not likely. 50 degree swing is not surprising here. Don  

#8 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,361 Thanks
  • 7,747 posts

Posted March 25, 2017 - 06:38 PM

Sing along....."Rollin', Rollin, Rollin'....Raw Hide!   Got the brush and chains, weights off the Snapper King and dug out my 900 lb roller today and went at it. Took awhile to fill that thing up, big 4ft roller.  Have to say that Chains come off, much easier than going ON!  The rest is quick detach, and one big bolt in back for few weights I had on hitch end.  Yard wasn't too soft, makes you wonder if you are wasting time actually.  I get kick out of suggesting Rolling, then later go back over and Spike-aerate to mess it up again. I don't do that second part.  Found a few spots where cars ran off road and drive and dug in, it took those down pretty good. Had a bit rough where I used brush and cleared snow in yard, it layed down good.  Out around my new shed install, new grass growing good from late fall planting, all seemed to flatten better there also.  Was 70 when I started late afternoon, buy 5:30 was getting pretty cool and had to put hat and sweatshirt back on again. Wind was starting up and by time I got done was spitting rain on me. Just got it all back in garage and then it rained big time!  Supposed to rain all night and tomorrow now too.  I left the roller filled in case I want to try more, but probly won't.  Sure was lots of downed branches of smaller sizes all over. Mama and I picked those up first, the real little ones can just be pushed flat and be chopped by mower if they stay around. Job Done!

• KennyP said thank you