7 replies to this topic

#1 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,748 Thanks
  • 5,583 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 07:31 AM

Anyone use these little lights? I wanted to put some on the back of my trailer, I will also be repainting the marching band trailer which needs extra marker lights on it, these look like they would work for what I want to do. I was going to pick up a pack of 10 amber/10 red off amazon on the cheap, but some of the reviews stated they burn out very quickly. I want some that will last, but don't want to pay $5-6 a piece for them, that will add up quick.

Kind of like these

mini-round-led-truck-trailer-clearance-marker-light-lp.jpg

• hamman, wvbuzzmaster and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#2 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 5,472 Thanks
  • 3,297 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 08:49 AM

I've found out any LED purchase is a risk. I have had house builbs, under cabinet lighting, flashlights etc all go bad way short of the warranty. If they have bad ratings I would pass. I like etrailer when it comes to trailer items. They have a lot of choices & most are rated good.

https://www.etrailer.../MCL110RKB.html

• TAHOE said thank you

#3 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 6,284 Thanks
  • 2,812 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 09:17 AM

I bought some like that when we refurbished out trailer. I haven't installed them yet due to not having a 3/4" bit to drill the holes. When I bought them ( at $ 9.00 ea) the sales guy told me they were good for over 2000 hour of use. If they burnt out bring them back for a free replacement. As soon as I get them them in the countdown starts. Actually my BIL has them on his log truck trailer ans well as the chip vans he pulls. He says they last a very long time. He has the same as those you showed as well as the ones I bought that are flush with the grommet. Good luck if you buy them.                                                                       Roger

• TAHOE and Sawdust have said thanks

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,714 Thanks
  • 7,423 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 09:54 AM

Go to superbrightleds.com and buy them there. I have used them a few years, no problems on an equipment trailer. Super visible, and quite durable.
  • KC9KAS, TAHOE and Sawdust have said thanks

#5 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 6,315 Thanks
  • 6,000 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 10:47 AM

Using something similar to that for the oil pressure light on a tractor. Very bright. You aren't going to ignore it if you loose oil prssure.

• Gtractor, wvbuzzmaster, TAHOE and 1 other said thanks

#6 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,748 Thanks
  • 5,583 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 01:52 PM

I've looked at superbrightleds and etrailer and they are still pretty expensive.  I am donating painting and upgrades to the school trailer, but don't want to spend and arm and leg, but I still need to look for dependable lights as this is my last year helping with the band. Maybe I'll just have to install less than I had planned :thumbs:

#7 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 2,189 Thanks
  • 1,356 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 01:56 PM

Industrial big truck & trailer shops will offer better quality LEDs and cheaper than automotive shops or Napa.
  • KC9KAS, TAHOE, Sawdust and 1 other said thanks

#8 Kurtee OFFLINE  

Kurtee

• Member No: 7561
  • 585 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted March 24, 2017 - 06:56 PM

personally I prefer this style. Much more visible when not straight on. The small ones that started this thread are great for the fact that they do not stick out to get torn off easily. One thing we have learned is that isolated ground is the way to go. (lights ground thru harness and not to trailer body)

http://www.ultrarev....m_content=Grote

Edited by Kurtee, March 24, 2017 - 06:59 PM.

• TAHOE said thank you