Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Can't seem to get spark out of this one.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Millennium Falcon

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 11,833 Thanks
  • 8,945 posts

Posted March 21, 2017 - 05:22 PM

I don't want to get into another engine rebuild for this tractor, since I'm rebuilding a couple of other engines right now. The engine from the generator runs excellent, so it will make a great replacement.

Replace the engine???  It's just dirty. Do you replace the engine in your car when it gets dirty?

• classic said thank you

#17 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 4,686 Thanks
  • 2,064 posts

Posted March 21, 2017 - 06:59 PM

The cooling fins are rusted away by the exhaust port and someone drilled out two of the head bolt holes to 3/8". I'm always picking up old engines in good shape just for a project like this. I did build a nice clean 454 for my 78 GMC years ago, to replace the good running and dirty 350, heh! The steering box on this Economy looks great and had oil in it. I drained the diff and drop boxes and removed the drive shaft housing. One brake hub is off, and I'll remove the other tomorrow. The drop boxes are coming apart for a good cleaning, new gaskets, and oil seals. I have inner and outer axle bearings, along with brake shaft needle roller bearings in case they need to be replaced. After the last PK project, this one is a breeze. I just hope my tetanus shot is current.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170321_143632.jpg

• LilysDad and MNGB have said thanks

#18 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 1,132 Thanks
  • 929 posts

Posted March 21, 2017 - 07:35 PM

Got bit by a dog a about three weeks ago, had to go in for a few stitches so my tetanus is fresh. Got medicare with an AARP suppliment that costs 2 or 3 hundred a month. Tetanus shot $49 NOT COVERED.  Don

• MNGB said thank you

#19 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 4,686 Thanks
  • 2,064 posts

Posted March 21, 2017 - 10:13 PM

Been paying a fortune for a family health plan through work for over 20 years now. Every time one of us needs to go to the doc or get a perscription, etc., the cost just keeps rising dramatically, along with the cost of insurance. I have no problem pitching in a little to help those that have absolutely no means whatsoever to pay for their health care needs. I do have a huge problem with paying the way for those that have the ability to work and pay, but take the handouts instead. I also have a huge problem with the cost of insurance, copays, and health care. Now certain hospitals and many doctors won't accept my expensive insurance, HA! Boy, they are playing us working folks good, aye? Nothing but extortion and thievery I tell ya!
  • MNGB said thank you