• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#91 Joe Knife OFFLINE  

Joe Knife
  • Member No: 59190
  • 116 Thanks
  • 117 posts

Posted December 02, 2017 - 02:02 PM

The carb is a Kohler bought from a very helpful member here. It was not getting fuel before. I traded out the original fuel pump for an aftermarket one from Isavetractors. Took a while to get the line primed (is there a trick to that?) but now seems to be running great. Still haven't made adjustments to the carb but I understand what to do next.

Long way to go but important milestone for sure. THANKS!

Edited by Joe Knife, December 02, 2017 - 02:04 PM.

• dodge trucker and secondtry have said thanks

#92 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,297 Thanks
  • 3,014 posts

Posted December 02, 2017 - 07:41 PM

lookin good there..... may have to make some tweaks to that carb as it breaks in and as it is under load being worked.

good job on the tractor too... want another to redo?

#93 secondtry ONLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 1,677 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 02, 2017 - 07:54 PM

The carb is a Kohler bought from a very helpful member here. It was not getting fuel before. I traded out the original fuel pump for an aftermarket one from Isavetractors. Took a while to get the line primed (is there a trick to that?) but now seems to be running great. Still haven't made adjustments to the carb but I understand what to do next.

Long way to go but important milestone for sure. THANKS!

To prime the pump and line I leave the line off the carb and apply pressure to the tank. Put the carb end of the fuel line into a can to avoid spill. I use a clean piece of fuel line sealed into the filler neck to blow buy mouth into the tank. Never takes long to blow fuel into the can.  Don