2 replies to this topic

#1 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3766
  • 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted June 09, 2011 - 09:31 PM

i bought a da sander and im starting to sand down the fenders. i got the transaxle out and fixed the gearshifter. it now easily moves through the gears. i opened up the cover to find no oil and a bunch of rusty, nasty stuff. how do i remove all of this without a complete dissemble? i dont want to take it completely apart i just want to clean it out. the machine is starting to come along. i thought about buying a wet sandblaster to do the inside of the frame where i cannot get with the da. i also now own a HVLP gun so i can start painting the right way and not with a rattle can. has anyone used a wet sandblaster, its a unit that uses a pressure washer to blast the surface with media.

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 10, 2011 - 04:35 AM

:wewantpics:

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 10, 2011 - 04:48 AM

You could do a diesel flush on the rear end. That is what I did with my Bush Hog D4-10. With you having the garden tractor disassembled it will be a little tougher to do but possible. Fill the rear with diesel and use a drill chucked to the input shaft of the tranny and run it for a while and then drain that diesel out. Do it a couple more times until it is pretty clean.