6 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,799 Thanks
  • 6,034 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 12:43 PM

Ran across this machine on CL.  Owner said it ran last year but had not been started yet this spring.  3 wheeled, 60" deck, Wisconsin engine.  Found nothing on this model.  Not sure he read it right.  Lot of info on the commercial machines.  Only draw back is they are slow and not good on slopes ?  Any opinions or know anything about these machines?  He is asking $300.  No photos yet. Only 1/2 hour from me so may go look but would like to know more about them first.

• 637Yeoman said thank you

#2 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 1,019 Thanks
  • 679 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 01:10 PM

I have the deck off one in a pile out back,friend has the rest,said he's going to make something out of it,flat ground only,heavy,lots of WTF and Goofy looking penny penny
  • chieffan said thank you

#3 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,357 Thanks
  • 7,743 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 02:33 PM

Why does this whole posting need an interperter before I understand what has been said?? :smilewink:

This one of those old three-wheeled mowers, with single steer back wheel?  Kind of before they thought of newer Zero-turns??  Not sure why one would want that, have you asked yourself that yet, heh!

#4 refracman OFFLINE  

refracman
  • Member No: 10428
  • 54 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 04:04 PM

I have one of these monsters and parked it cause its just plan dangerous, and no its not slow and if your driving one you better have your wits about you!

I have lots of moles and if your unfortunate to hit one of them holes mid turn ya best of had a grip on the wheel and going slow or your in for a hurting, it'll rip the wheel out of your hand  go to full turn throw you off and start going where IT wants to go! 

with the 18hp Wisconsin on it pert near nothing can stop it. i used it to finish mow and brush cut, that thing didnt know or care what it was cutting.

With that being said it was one tuff machine

• Gtractor, Alc, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#5 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,799 Thanks
  • 6,034 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 07:20 PM

Why does this whole posting need an interperter before I understand what has been said?? :smilewink:

This one of those old three-wheeled mowers, with single steer back wheel?  Kind of before they thought of newer Zero-turns??  Not sure why one would want that, have you asked yourself that yet, heh!

Sorry gl.  Having a bad day?  :poke:    :wave:   I have a couple areas that don't get mowed often and need something that will do the rough cutting.  Don't want to use my good mowers for that.  Would be slow going for sure as I know the ground has some ant hills in it.  Would be cutting as high as I could also, mainly for weed control and along fence lines.  If he can't make it run won't go the $300 - maybe 2 as I figure the engine would be worth that if it has compression.

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,083 Thanks
  • 44,104 posts

Posted March 19, 2017 - 05:34 AM

I have the PTO-B model with the 16 horse Briggs. Haven't done a lot with it as yet, too many other things keep getting in the way. Look in here and maybe you can find a manual for it. Here's another place for manuals.

#7 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,634 Thanks
  • 4,701 posts

Posted March 19, 2017 - 07:18 AM

My brother has one just like you describe Roger.  I mowed with it one time at his place just to see what it was like. 

His place if totally flat.  I imagine hillsides would really be a problem.  It's an entirely different experience for sure. 

Really needs a seatbelt and you probably won't "like" it at first.  Takes some getting used to but they are heavy built and a top quality machine.  Probably be just the ticket for what you want to do with it.