The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,324 Thanks
  • 4,574 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 07:38 PM

I love HF!! 

I was in there just this week and they had a special on a 6 pack of screwdrivers. 

Usually $1.99, I came up with a "SUPER COUPON" and got that same set for only $4.99.

HF Tools 1.jpg ,HF Tools 2.jpg

parts of this post may be complete and utter bulllllssshhhheeeeeeeeeeeetttttttt

Edited by Gtractor, March 18, 2017 - 07:39 PM.

• Alc, hamman, CRFarnsworth and 4 others have said thanks

#17 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 1,653 Thanks
  • 885 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 07:54 PM

I love HF!! 

I was in there just this week and they had a special on a 6 pack of screwdrivers. 

Usually $1.99, I came up with a "SUPER COUPON" and got that same set for only $4.99.

attachicon.gifHF Tools 1.jpg,attachicon.gifHF Tools 2.jpg

This made me laugh.

I did get a free screwdriver set there once.  I overpaid for it.

Some of their stuff though is pretty decent.  I've got a set of Pittsburgh combination wrenches I've been abusing every way imaginable for 10 years and they're still great.

• Gtractor and Alc have said thanks

#18 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,789 Thanks
  • 1,421 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 08:15 PM

Got it thanks. Took a picture witht the wife's phone. If they can read the upc code they will accept it. Thanks again.                                            Roger

Hey Roger I found another one that's 10 bucks even. Coupon in only good through tomorrow. It should have been in your parking lot sale email. I hope this link works right.

http://widgets.harbo...021&single=true

The 6" caliper I bought nearly 10 years ago is probably my most used HF tool. I swear that it's getting used nearly every day. I have even used it to try to scale stuff on the computer screen!

DAC

• Alc and hamman have said thanks

#19 adamjd200 ONLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,883 Thanks
  • 2,011 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 10:30 PM

Most of the stuff I've bought there I've been happy with, I like their screwdrivers, I have one of their 1/4" electric die grinders and one of their jumper boxes, very happy with both. Haven't seen that email,but will probably just delete it, don't have much time for lawyers, sometimes I think some people make complaining about stuff their hobby, I work in retail and this crap drives me up a wall.

#20 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Millennium Falcon

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 11,825 Thanks
  • 8,940 posts

Posted March 19, 2017 - 06:20 AM

I bought one of their DeLuxe Roofing nailers for about $95 and so far I've done 2 roofs with it and it's still going.

• Alc said thank you

#21 nitro OFFLINE  

nitro
  • Member No: 71342
  • 170 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted March 19, 2017 - 06:39 AM

Bought a set of 3/4 drive impact sockets for$25 maybe six or seven years ago, and surprisingly I haven't broken one yet. That set starts at $250 on the tool trucks.
Once I bought an air saw, it will last for one or two jobs in my work environment... in which case I would gladly pay ten or fifteen bucks to bail us out of a pinch. I can't see spending $400 on a tool i might use twice before I retire.

#22 MGP59DB OFFLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 1,429 Thanks
  • 687 posts

Posted March 19, 2017 - 06:55 AM

I love HF!! 

attachicon.gifHF Tools 1.jpg,attachicon.gifHF Tools 2.jpg

I bought one of those manual chainsaws .... the starter went out on it the first time I thought about using it. :D

'love the noise and fume generator.

Edited by MGP59DB, March 19, 2017 - 06:57 AM.

• Gtractor said thank you

#23 Sawdust ONLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 5,315 Thanks
  • 3,241 posts

Posted March 19, 2017 - 08:00 AM

Hey Roger I found another one that's 10 bucks even. Coupon in only good through tomorrow. It should have been in your parking lot sale email. I hope this link works right.

http://widgets.harbo...021&single=true

The 6" caliper I bought nearly 10 years ago is probably my most used HF tool. I swear that it's getting used nearly every day. I have even used it to try to scale stuff on the computer screen!

DAC

I have those same calipers use them a lot as well. What batteries do you use. I have tried different ones but still they don't last long. When not using I take them out...helps a little.
  • Alc and MFDAC have said thanks

#24 Sawdust ONLINE  

Sawdust
  • 5,315 Thanks
  • 3,241 posts

Posted March 19, 2017 - 08:07 AM

Like anywhere you got to be a smart shopper. I buy a lot of their cut off disc, hook & loop sanding pads. I was working on some recycled 2x10 floor joist for a table top & ran out of 60 grit disc. I went to town & paid three times the price for less in a pack at the local A.e hardware & it was so bad I thought I bought a finer disc. I actually went back to my last worn disc from HF to finish the job.
  • Alc and MFDAC have said thanks

#25 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 4,586 Thanks
  • 4,293 posts

Posted March 19, 2017 - 10:55 AM

It was obvious comparing catalogues, fliers and emails, that a lot of that stuff was just imaginary pricing, but I don't care, if I want it for the price I'll buy it, if not I don't.

• MFDAC said thank you

#26 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,789 Thanks
  • 1,421 posts

Posted March 19, 2017 - 09:08 PM

I have those same calipers use them a lot as well. What batteries do you use. I have tried different ones but still they don't last long. When not using I take them out...helps a little.

I put a picture below, Jim. They are AG13. When my Mom died on '09 this pack of batteries were in her craft stuff. 10 for $1.99 at Hobby Lobby! I'm still using them One battery started leaking in the package so the remaining ones may start doing that before they get used.

Like anywhere you got to be a smart shopper. I buy a lot of their cut off disc, hook & loop sanding pads. I was working on some recycled 2x10 floor joist for a table top & ran out of 60 grit disc. I went to town & paid three times the price for less in a pack at the local A.e hardware & it was so bad I thought I bought a finer disc. I actually went back to my last worn disc from HF to finish the job.

I use the HF grinding and cutting wheels too, even the 14" for my HF chop saw. One time I got a bad 4" grinding disc. It ground fine but must have been out of balance as there was a lot of vibration trying to hold the grinder. Tossed it and put on another, no problem. I do very little woodwork, mostly cutting and grinding steel.

DAC

Attached Thumbnails

• caliper batteries 001.jpg

• Alc, LilysDad and Sawdust have said thanks

#27 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,606 Thanks
  • 5,519 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 07:43 AM

I think jc penny,Macy's and a few other big names were busted for so called sales prices that were actually more than regular prices.or something like that

Yep, I bunch of stores are getting sued for this. Actually they had the listed "original price" when the item was never sold at that price so it made the "sale price" inflated so they were making more profit, corporate cat/mice game to the consumer.

• Alc and Sawdust have said thanks

#28 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 1,653 Thanks
  • 885 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 08:29 AM

Furniture is another thing.  It seems that in furniture stores it's always 40-60% off.

• secondtry said thank you

#29 secondtry ONLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 1,129 Thanks
  • 927 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 08:34 AM

Furniture is another thing.  It seems that in furniture stores it's always 40-60% off.

Close out sail. Don

#30 Sawdust ONLINE  

Sawdust
  • 5,315 Thanks
  • 3,241 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 09:11 AM

Yep, I bunch of stores are getting sued for this. Actually they had the listed "original price" when the item was never sold at that price so it made the "sale price" inflated so they were making more profit, corporate cat/mice game to the consumer.

Hey Marty do you remember Cousin Vern_'s furniture store in Hamilt_n. He had a going out of business sale for three years. We went down there to buy a LR outfit. Didn't have it in stock so he ordered it...funny.

Edited by Sawdust, March 20, 2017 - 09:12 AM.