#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 7,409 Thanks
  • 7,050 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 11:15 AM

Just got an email with Class Action suite notice against HF for selling items listed with fake prices or buy or compare or such in ads and Never really selling at those "before" prices as they said.  OR, something like that!  Sort of a False Advertising thing or such. Needed to have all your receipts to get money back, or least get a $10 gift card if they find your name as a purchaser. HA!  I deleted mine, moving on! 

• hamman, Lmiller3358, MFDAC and 4 others have said thanks

#2 lrhredjb ONLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 363 Thanks
  • 331 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 11:27 AM

If it's an item that has an owners manual I always staple the receipt to the last page. Now if I could only find that manual.

• Alc, hamman, Lmiller3358 and 4 others have said thanks

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 7,280 Thanks
  • 5,147 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 11:57 AM

I buy a fair amount of stuff from HF.  Only ones I have had problems with is their battery powered hand tools.  Batteries are junk.  Wrenches and tools along that line have no problem but I use them as intended and don't abuse them.  No cheater bars, etc.   Can't be to bad or they would not have been in business as long as they have.

• hamman, backwoods, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#4 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,982 Thanks
  • 2,713 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 12:50 PM

I bought a air nailer ( finish / pin / stapler ) from them back in or around 2000. I have to say it is a good nailer and stapler. I bought a 2 year warranty on it and never had to use it. I paid $ 19.99 for it and it was the best money I spent for a tool like that. Bought a auto darkening welding helmet from them in 2002 and it has worked well for us. I have bought a lot of tools from them they all seem to work well. Next purchase (hopefully tomorrow) will be several 6" hand screw wood clamps at $ 2.99 each. Also a digital caliper for $ 19.99. Later this year we are going to buy the electric 1/2" impact wrench. I get a lot of notifications from HF and they always seem to have what they say they have at the listed price.  Thanks for sharing.                                                                                          Roger

• MFDAC said thank you

#5 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 1,421 Thanks
  • 760 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 01:52 PM

Yeah, I got the class action email and deleted it too.

Lawyers bottom feeding.  Everything is always on sale at HF and if the only reason you bought is because it's "on sale" then you earned a fleecing.

• Gtractor, hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#6 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,662 Thanks
  • 7,407 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 02:03 PM

I check the sale price against market value before buying and get the "super coupons" by email. If I buy at HF I have assumed the risk of foreign products at cut rate prices to bit spend a fortune to get the good tool. If it burns up I shrug it off. I do not buy any trailer parts there though, dont trust anything but solid steel in that department.
  • hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#7 Xrperry ONLINE  

Xrperry
  • Member No: 73285
  • 656 Thanks
  • 555 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 02:30 PM

I think jc penny,Macy's and a few other big names were busted for so called sales prices that were actually more than regular prices.or something like that
  • hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#8 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,755 Thanks
  • 1,114 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 02:56 PM

I wonder how good a Class 111 hitch you get for $12.00 but I'm sure there are many out there towing $40,000 boats :smilewink:

• Gtractor, hamman, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#9 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,940 Thanks
  • 3,017 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 04:43 PM

I wonder how good a Class 111 hitch you get for $12.00 but I'm sure there are many out there towing $40,000 boats :smilewink:

I wouldn't trust any of their towing products. A member on here had one of their drop hitches break at the Weld. No one got hurt except for two rebuilt tractors, his trailer & a guard rail.
  • Gtractor and hamman have said thanks

#10 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,940 Thanks
  • 3,017 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 04:45 PM

I got that email too. I might follow through with it if I can come up with some receipts.
  • hamman said thank you

#11 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,555 Thanks
  • 1,318 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 04:49 PM

I bought a air nailer ( finish / pin / stapler ) from them back in or around 2000. I have to say it is a good nailer and stapler. I bought a 2 year warranty on it and never had to use it. I paid $ 19.99 for it and it was the best money I spent for a tool like that. Bought a auto darkening welding helmet from them in 2002 and it has worked well for us. I have bought a lot of tools from them they all seem to work well. Next purchase (hopefully tomorrow) will be several 6" hand screw wood clamps at $ 2.99 each. Also a digital caliper for $ 19.99. Later this year we are going to buy the electric 1/2" impact wrench. I get a lot of notifications from HF and they always seem to have what they say they have at the listed price.  Thanks for sharing.                                                                                          Roger

Roger, I don't know if this will help, but there is a coupon for calipers here, good through  April.  $10.99.

Be back later---DAC

Attached Thumbnails

• HF thru April.jpg

• hamman said thank you

#12 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

--Crazy about GTTalk-- 'sort of'

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 10,984 Thanks
  • 8,389 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 05:10 PM

Has anyone ever seen Michael's when their picture frames weren't on sale???

• Alc, hamman and Tecumseh power have said thanks

#13 Little Irish Men ONLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • Member No: 61934
  • 720 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 05:38 PM

Just found out we are getting a harbor freight here in the big "cow town" of wentzville mo . I like shopping there, just got to watch what you buy .

Patrick.

• hamman and Sawdust have said thanks

#14 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,982 Thanks
  • 2,713 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 05:43 PM

Roger, I don't know if this will help, but there is a coupon for calipers here, good through  April.  $10.99.

Be back later---DAC

Got it thanks. Took a picture witht the wife's phone. If they can read the upc code they will accept it. Thanks again.                                            Roger

• MFDAC said thank you

#15 grattone OFFLINE  

grattone
  • Member No: 66237
  • 308 Thanks
  • 219 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 07:04 PM

If its a tool that I will use on a lot, I will pay more for a better tool. If its one that I will only use once or twice a year then HF may work for me. Last week while in a tool store in Pigeon Forge, TN (killing time while the wife shopped) I bought some less expensive tools to carry on the tractor, it never has trouble near the shop and if you loose them in the field you don't hunt as long.

• Alc, jms180, hamman and 1 other said thanks