• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted June 11, 2011 - 09:03 AM

the engine was about full throttle. second i have a thing that plugs all 3 wires onto my regulator at once, a boot i guess you could call it, so i have to take that "boot" partially off to test anything. could that be causing it. also when i tested and got 26 vac it didnt change between fullthrottle and idle by more than one half. my regulator was mounted on 2 threaded posts with nuts. also which one is the center? there in an L shaped formation.

#17 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,733 Thanks
  • 4,289 posts

Posted June 14, 2011 - 09:21 AM

Sorry I didn't see your questions. Just received a bunch of thread subscription notices yesterday from Saturday. Anyway, I just went through the testing on my CV22. My plug at the regulator was just a flat 3 instead of an L shaped connector. The output was in the center on my plug but will be the one NOT coming from the stator on yours. The test for 28vac was done with the connector unplugged from the reg on mine. Mine was only putting out 3.5vac so I had to pull the flywheel. All of my magnets were sticking to the stator. After a good used flywheel and stator, I still just barely made 28vac but it charges the battery now. The regulator will ground through the mounting studs. Make sure everything is clean and shiny there. A little dielectic grease wouldn't hurt there either.

#18 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted June 14, 2011 - 02:48 PM

shes charging good. now i just have to get the brakes back on, i heard this noise and it sounded like the brakes, there so shot its not funny.