• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,985 Thanks
  • 2,123 posts

Posted March 12, 2017 - 08:21 PM

Found this today, I'm not interested just by the seller's attitude, I'm adding a second ad as an example of this.
https://syracuse.cra...6041227387.html
https://syracuse.cra...6041214011.html
  • blackjackjakexxix, Traill95 and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#2 jabelman ONLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 2,057 Thanks
  • 1,508 posts

Posted March 12, 2017 - 08:32 PM

he is probably just feed up with all the idiots on Craigslist asking stupid questions and low ball offers. I stopped selling on Craigslist awhile ago it just got ridiculous. I will gladly pay the ebay fees
  • WrenchinOnIt, adamjd200, propane1 and 2 others have said thanks

#3 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • 1,985 Thanks
  • 2,123 posts

Posted March 12, 2017 - 09:35 PM

he is probably just feed up with all the idiots on Craigslist asking stupid questions and low ball offers. I stopped selling on Craigslist awhile ago it just got ridiculous. I will gladly pay the ebay fees

Yes, but I the tractor looks good, but I would want to see the attachments before I drive that distance, also I think$400 is a bit high considering the tractor hasn't run for awhile, just comes across as someone who I wouldn't want to deal with, kind of like a local guy who is always saying his tractors are worth more parted in his adds, I bought some stuff from him but he's on track to destroy some rare tractors all in the name of making a buck.

#4 jabelman ONLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 2,057 Thanks
  • 1,508 posts

Posted March 13, 2017 - 05:07 AM

Yes, but I the tractor looks good, but I would want to see the attachments before I drive that distance, also I think$400 is a bit high considering the tractor hasn't run for awhile, just comes across as someone who I wouldn't want to deal with, kind of like a local guy who is always saying his tractors are worth more parted in his adds, I bought some stuff from him but he's on track to destroy some rare tractors all in the name of making a buck.

I am sure if contact him and talk with I would guess he is more reasonable but I don't know.
as for the other dude he absolutely 100% correct all this stuff is worth 10times more in parts. unfortunately you can't save everything and if scrap was high he would probably be crushing it rather than selling it. I know quite a few folks that do the same I keep them as contacts and they have my number because you never know what they might drag home, these kinda folks you are right could care less about destroying a machine they have no interest other than making $$$$ off it but they may have that one part you need.

Edited by jabelman, March 13, 2017 - 05:08 AM.

• propane1 said thank you

#5 karel OFFLINE  

karel
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,922 Thanks
  • 1,296 posts

Posted March 13, 2017 - 05:20 AM

lets see how long it runs.

#6 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 9,143 Thanks
  • 6,240 posts

Posted March 13, 2017 - 07:23 AM

Right on.  Not everyone is interested in lawn mowers or GT's.  Just like most of us on here are not interested in fishing boats or airplanes.  If that is what they feel they need to do to put some bread on the table, so be it.

#7 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • 1,985 Thanks
  • 2,123 posts

Posted March 13, 2017 - 10:56 AM

I didn't expect to get nothing but crap about my post, the guy parting stuff out does not do it for a living, and his machines are running and operating, I didn't mean to start another thread like this.
  • KennyP said thank you