#17 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 3,025 Thanks
  • 1,525 posts

Posted March 16, 2017 - 07:39 PM

Thanks Don. Wasn't sure if that was feasible. I have some restricter fittings I could use. What kind of pressure does a Sundstrand make for the hydraulics?

Kenny I will follow along on this as a possible forklift had crossed my mind for my now unused MF8E. I have re-thunk that though and decided on a light-load front end loader or doing away with the hydraulics (power steering pump pressured) altogether and mounting a Sears Suburban mowing deck on it that I have out in a shed. The hydraulics currently operate the up and down on a dozer blade.

Anyway the reason I hijacked your thread was to see what these restricter fittings are that you and Don are speaking of. The power steering setup has always moved much faster than I would like and if this could work for a FEL, I would like it to operate much slower.

Thanks---DAC

• KennyP said thank you

#18 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,964 Thanks
  • 4,087 posts

Posted March 16, 2017 - 10:35 PM

The restricter fittings are nothing more than a restriction to flow in the hydraulic lines.  They could be a fitting with a smaller hole or a washer under the fitting with a small hole to slow the flow of Hydraulic fluid.   They should not be used between the pump and return as it will cause the system to build too much heat.

• KennyP and MFDAC have said thanks

#19 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,554 Thanks
  • 44,992 posts

Posted March 17, 2017 - 03:58 AM

Kenny I will follow along on this as a possible forklift had crossed my mind for my now unused MF8E. I have re-thunk that though and decided on a light-load front end loader or doing away with the hydraulics (power steering pump pressured) altogether and mounting a Sears Suburban mowing deck on it that I have out in a shed. The hydraulics currently operate the up and down on a dozer blade.

Anyway the reason I hijacked your thread was to see what these restricter fittings are that you and Don are speaking of. The power steering setup has always moved much faster than I would like and if this could work for a FEL, I would like it to operate much slower.

Thanks---DAC

Look in this thread, post 28.

• MFDAC said thank you