It has been unusally warm here for a week. Last night the temp dropped and we have about 3 inches of snow. Tonight and for the next week we are supposed to have unsusally cold weather. I will clear my deck and walks but I don't think that I should plow the driveway.
My driveway is gravel and right now it is soft. I plow with my Ford 2000. It has an FEL and works good when the driveway is frozen. When it is soft, I end up gouging the driveway and putting gravel off the side of the drive. It later takes a bunch of shovelling time and a couple of hours with my Earthcavator on my Simp 3310 to restore the drive..
I'm thinking of waiting a few days for the gravel to freeze before plowing. It may be more than a few days because the snow insulates the gravel from the cold weather. This gives an advantage that the frost will come out sooner when the warm weather returns.
Or, I could just plow it now and do the restoration later. They are forecasting a big storm on Tuesday but they aren't sure if it will be snow or a warmup with rain.
For now, I'm leaning towards waiting until Monday to plow if the forecast decides snow on Tuesday. I don't really need to go anywhere until Monday. Good Luck, Rick