67 replies to this topic

#61 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 1,548 Thanks
  • 1,254 posts

Posted March 14, 2017 - 03:24 PM

I am sorry if I got anyone in a disturbed  mood as to my reply to a jokefull post. I use my tractors to complete my tasks and it is not just a hobby, they are the tools that I relay on for daily life.  

I dont know about the others, but i took it as a joke.

Whats the point of life if you cant have a little fun?

• limebuzz, TomLGT195 and Stroud have said thanks

#62 Stroud OFFLINE  

Stroud
  • Member No: 53869
  • 131 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted March 14, 2017 - 07:17 PM

Thank you. We were having a yard sale once and a man was haggling on a price. I told him I would have to run it by the wife as it was an item of hers. She made a run to the store and I could not reach her on her phone. I told him no to his offer and he offered the same price again. I told him no again and said that i didn't want to get chewed out by the wife. He went off on me telling me that I should never make any jokes or comments about my wife. Here he lost his wife just a few days earlier. He never appologized, just walked away mad as hell. I figured that outburst was his pain. Some people just don't get a joke and am glad that no one was offended.

• 637Yeoman said thank you

#63 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • 1,548 Thanks
  • 1,254 posts

Posted March 14, 2017 - 07:20 PM

Thank you. We were having a yard sale once and a man was haggling on a price. I told him I would have to run it by the wife as it was an item of hers. She made a run to the store and I could not reach her on her phone. I told him no to his offer and he offered the same price again. I told him no again and said that i didn't want to get chewed out by the wife. He went off on me telling me that I should never make any jokes or comments about my wife. Here he lost his wife just a few days earlier. He never appologized, just walked away mad as hell. I figured that outburst was his pain. Some people just don't get a joke and am glad that no one was offended.

Sorry to here that, I am not quite sure why he thought it was a joke, i would think that you were being serious, as you wanted her opinion on price. If i lost my wife, i would feel kinda irritable, but i wouldn't get mad about a 'joke'. I dont know though. This is just an opinion.

• Stroud said thank you

#64 Stroud OFFLINE  

Stroud
  • Member No: 53869
  • 131 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted March 14, 2017 - 09:48 PM

All is good, and I'm glad that you took humor to my typed in words. Now how bad is your addiction?  

• 637Yeoman said thank you

#65 Doug E. ONLINE  

Doug E.
  • Member No: 78641
  • 247 Thanks
  • 136 posts

Posted March 15, 2017 - 05:33 AM

Wow! 

After looking at this thread, I can see that I am not an addict, I'm just an enthusiast!  I'm just a piker next to some of you guys.  No wonder that good older garden tractors at a decent price don't show up on craigslist much around here! 

I do like the pics of the shop with the pallet shelving.  I have been watching for some around here to maximize space. 

I told my wife after I picked up the Bolens DTG, that I was thinking of thinning the herd, since they do take up a bit of space, and here they need to be under cover due to lots of snow in the winter.  She told me to make sure that I had enough tractors so that I would not need to change implements on the tractors, just get out the tractor with the implement I needed to use, plus a back up snowblowing set up.  I think I married well!

Regards,

Doug

• dropped82, Stroud, 637Yeoman and 1 other said thanks

#66 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 1,745 Thanks
  • 932 posts

Posted March 15, 2017 - 06:11 AM

Unless spring comes soon I'm likely to become an addict.  Cooped up indoors I'm spending way too much time looking at craigslist.  I need to get on the tractor and away from the computer.

• backwoods, Stroud and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#67 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • 1,548 Thanks
  • 1,254 posts

Posted March 15, 2017 - 08:23 AM

All is good, and I'm glad that you took humor to my typed in words. Now how bad is your addiction?  

I have 15 garden tractors, 2 36" snowblowers, a 10" plow, 24" disc, 16" cultivator, 2 42" decks, 2 36" decks,  24" deck, Vacuum attachment, 46" snow plow, 42" dirt plow, Lawn boy, Countour flail mower, Reo reel mower,Planet jr bp1 walk behind, Graham paige b-1-6, Fairbanks morse model z headless hit and miss, Toro snowhound.

• Stroud said thank you

#68 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 863 Thanks
  • 687 posts

Posted March 15, 2017 - 08:42 AM

I don't think I am addicted, just an enthusiast as I only have 3 tractors with 3 mower decks, 1 rototiller, 1 snow blower, and a dozer blade. I also have a chipper/shredder with vacuum kit and a MTD snow blower. I have been a Simplicity fan from the get go as my first one many many years ago was one I purchased new.

• Stroud and 637Yeoman have said thanks