Alot of good craftsmanship in those parts! I would like to see more of how you made some of themy as I make alot of parts also and find it very interesting
I failed to take many action shots while I was making parts but I do have a pic of the pieces for the input shaft before they were complete.
Here is a pic of the rear of the tractor. A P.O. had installed a live axle so every thing on the rear had to be cut away so that I could put things back to the original design.
The centers were so messed up on the rear rims that I decided to cut them out & start over.
To make the rim / hub assembly I needed to start with a tube. Finding a tube with the correct i.d. to fit bushings proved to be fruitless. I wanted to get 1 1/2" tubing with .125" wall so that I could just install 1 1/4" x 1" bushings but all the tubing I found had .120" wall. Instead I ordered 1 5/16" o.d. bushings and bored the hole larger in the tube. This actually should work out better any way. I only bored the hole to the depth of the bushing leaving a positive stop inside the tube so that the bushing can not walk out of place.
After welding my new center on to the tube the next challenge was to get it centered on to the rim. After some head scratching I came up with a fairly simple solution. I took some 1" round stock and turned part of it down to 1/2" so that I could put it in the drill chuck on the lathe. Then I placed the rim on to the lathe chuck and got every thing centered with a dial indicator. At this point I could slide the tube and center on to the 1" stock to hold every thing true for welding.
Next weld the sprocket on to the hub and weld the hub to the tube.
After making the rim / hub assembly I cut the new axle to length and tapped each end for 1/2" 20 bolts. I left the axle long enough to have .01" end play on each hub. The axle was then welded to the chassis.
I have a lil clean up to do on the chassis and then I should be ready to sand blast & paint a bunch of the tractor.