• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bearmom465 OFFLINE  

bearmom465
  • Member No: 86109
  • 2 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted March 08, 2017 - 07:42 PM

I was hoping someone on here could help our family out.  My dad just died and we are going through his barn and he owned a vintage Sears DAvid Bradley Hand Seeder. I am going to attempt to attach photos.  We believe the only thing it is missing is the kickstand.  It has a wooden box full of the metal seed plates with it and the original owners manual. Someone wants to buy it but we are asking for suggestions as to what someone believes the value is.  It is in working condition.  I have searched and searched online but cannot find anything just like this.  If you can't suggest a selling price, can you suggest someone that could give us a selling price. Thank you. Check out the pictures.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0807.JPG
  • DSCN0810.JPG
  • DSCN0811.JPG
  • DSCN0813.JPG
  • DSCN0814.JPG

• boyscout862 and MGP59DB have said thanks

#2 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 2,033 Thanks
  • 1,497 posts

Posted March 08, 2017 - 08:14 PM

I will take a stab at it, I would think it has more decorative value than use. I don't think it has too much value going by we pick up similar items, wheeled tillers, and other planters by other manufacturers at sales and flea most are under 25 dollars. however yours is in nice original shape, I would guess around 75 bucks maybe a little more to david bradley collector
  • MGP59DB and Tecumseh power have said thanks

#3 MGP59DB OFFLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 1,562 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted March 08, 2017 - 08:21 PM

Very cool piece!

That is a tough one , I wouldn't know a true "what it is worth' price . Do you have the hopper lid ?

It's worth what some one will pay for it . I collect DB stuff and am going to be in your area one week from today.

What is your offer ? I might be able to beat it.

Edit: I was afraid to throw a number out there Jabel  , But that was right around what I was thinking , and due to my addiction for DB I might pay a bit more.

Edited by MGP59DB, March 08, 2017 - 08:23 PM.

#4 Tecumseh power OFFLINE  

Tecumseh power

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• Member No: 77571
  • 1,453 Thanks
  • 1,103 posts

Posted March 08, 2017 - 08:21 PM

I think it may have more sentimental value for you to keep it. I do not believe them to be worth alot. Even though they are neat.
  • MGP59DB said thank you

#5 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,891 Thanks
  • 4,814 posts

Posted March 08, 2017 - 10:33 PM

Sorry about your dad.

I bought this one at a well advertised, 2 day estate auction last fall.  There is one more seed plate inside the seeder.  Everything turns freely,  no manual. I suppose it had wooden handles originally.  ???   Purchase price $35. 

D B seeder.jpg

• boyscout862 said thank you

#6 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,135 Thanks
  • 8,864 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 06:38 AM

Welcome to GTT. My condolences on your loss. Be slow to part with things that were his. If you have fond memories of somethings, hang on to them. My Dad died 40 years ago and I still kick myself over a few things that are gone. Good Luck, Rick

#7 Coventry Plumber OFFLINE  

Coventry Plumber
  • Member No: 60643
  • 1,086 Thanks
  • 588 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 09:00 PM

My family used a seeder like that on the farm as long as I can remember, even now that the farm is gone my father and I still use one for our garden . With all the plates and in working condition I would ask $100 around here in New England. But once you sell it it is gone for good so thinkit over a bit first . Good luck
  • Alc said thank you