• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 1,018 Thanks
  • 678 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 02:06 PM

As for the Speedex, my fiance is apparently interested in restoring something like that for herself. Who'd have guessed! I don't think that model would be the best starter for our daughter. It could be fun for all of us to work on together though.

and that's how it starts,one little tractor with a worthy cause (the best cause IMO)and it's already looking like two before anything's hit the truck bed,from what I just read you might want to look at some of the addiction threads,their not kidding!!! Welcome to the club (as in your whole family lol)

#32 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 1,183 Thanks
  • 743 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 02:21 PM

Bolens do seem to be pricey out by you but it all about timing. I bought a good running 1000 from the Lima area in ohio with plow, deck, weights, chains and blower for $350. Yes that is over your budget, but teach your daughter to wheel and deal too. Buy a tractor for $300-500 with 3 attachments and sell the attachments at $100-$150 each and you won't have much in the tractor and mower deck at all. Its really up to you, if you were closer to buffalo ny I have a G14 that needs some work that I'd let go for $150 or a 1253 that needs some work I'd have to get $300 for.

#33 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 818 Thanks
  • 683 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 03:35 PM

If you find nothing prior to the big swap meet in Portland Indiana in May, I highly recommend you go on Thursday or Friday, lots of good deals there.  I have family down your way in Ohio, my aunt lives in Eaton, my parents grew up in West Alexandria and Lewisburg.    Mike

• chris937 said thank you

#34 chris937 OFFLINE  

chris937
  • Member No: 86063
  • 21 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 04:17 PM

and that's how it starts,one little tractor with a worthy cause (the best cause IMO)and it's already looking like two before anything's hit the truck bed,from what I just read you might want to look at some of the addiction threads,their not kidding!!! Welcome to the club (as in your whole family lol)

I was doomed from the start. It was only a matter of time. 

Bolens do seem to be pricey out by you but it all about timing. I bought a good running 1000 from the Lima area in ohio with plow, deck, weights, chains and blower for $350. Yes that is over your budget, but teach your daughter to wheel and deal too. Buy a tractor for $300-500 with 3 attachments and sell the attachments at $100-$150 each and you won't have much in the tractor and mower deck at all. Its really up to you, if you were closer to buffalo ny I have a G14 that needs some work that I'd let go for $150 or a 1253 that needs some work I'd have to get $300 for.

I'd definitely consider stretching the budget for a deal like that. I've been watching CL since December but haven't seen much.

If you find nothing prior to the big swap meet in Portland Indiana in May, I highly recommend you go on Thursday or Friday, lots of good deals there.  I have family down your way in Ohio, my aunt lives in Eaton, my parents grew up in West Alexandria and Lewisburg.    Mike

Thanks for the tip! I'll try to check it out whether or not I'm still on the hunt.

#35 MGP59DB ONLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 1,486 Thanks
  • 710 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 04:47 PM

I really envy you Chris ! You are on the brink of what I hope will be the beginning of a long relationship with GTs and your daughter.

This can be so rewarding , I wish I had kids to share it with and guide along the way.

These two 'toys' have givin me hours of enjoyment in the cleaning and fixing dept.

S5001386.jpg

David Bradleys - not very child friendly though.

It can become an addiction as stated . I have filled my garage in two and a half years .

With 5 tractors now and at least 12 accessories.

Take your time deciding and weigh all of the benefits of each kind.  

Good luck !

Oh and just for good measure - I have this 68 Sears SS12 Running and driving - no deck .

001.JPG

$200

I bought it at an auction - was only drivin on Sundays by a little old lady - who etched her name into the engine .

Edited by MGP59DB, March 09, 2017 - 04:56 PM.

#36 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • 818 Thanks
  • 683 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 05:56 PM

Nice old Sears!   If it wasnt broke I would be intersted in it if the OP isnt.     Mike

#37 MGP59DB ONLINE  

MGP59DB
  • 1,486 Thanks
  • 710 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 06:32 PM

Nice old Sears!   If it wasnt broke I would be intersted in it if the OP isnt.     Mike

It ain't broke !  It runs good ,Was doing wheelies with it last summer. I rebuilt the carb. new float . Battery, spark plug , air filter.

I just need the room and only bought it for the wheel weights . Couldn't help but fix it for fun.

Edited by MGP59DB, March 09, 2017 - 06:32 PM.

#38 chris937 OFFLINE  

chris937
  • 21 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 07:20 PM

I really envy you Chris ! You are on the brink of what I hope will be the beginning of a long relationship with GTs and your daughter.

This can be so rewarding , I wish I had kids to share it with and guide along the way.

These two 'toys' have givin me hours of enjoyment in the cleaning and fixing dept.

attachicon.gifS5001386.jpg

David Bradleys - not very child friendly though.

It can become an addiction as stated . I have filled my garage in two and a half years .

With 5 tractors now and at least 12 accessories.

Take your time deciding and weigh all of the benefits of each kind.  

Good luck !

Oh and just for good measure - I have this 68 Sears SS12 Running and driving - no deck .

attachicon.gif001.JPG

$200

I bought it at an auction - was only drivin on Sundays by a little old lady - who etched her name into the engine .

Nice tractors! I think one of those was tractor of the month, wasn't it? I went through the whole list at one point.

If you had kids your garage would be filled with bicycles, ride-on toys, and wagons. I'm capped at 3 GT's and one motorcycle due to space concerns. It's rewarding but can get frustrating from time to time.  :D

And thank you for offering up another neat tractor. I'm not sure how far you are from SW Ohio but I'd imagine it's quite a drive.

Don't let me stop you. I'm overwhelmed with the responses I've got thus far in terms of available options and helpful suggestions! 

It ain't broke !  It runs good ,Was doing wheelies with it last summer. I rebuilt the carb. new float . Battery, spark plug , air filter.

I just need the room and only bought it for the wheel weights . Couldn't help but fix it for fun.

The kid in me loves doing wheelies. The parent in me is scared to death of my kids doing wheelies. 

#39 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • 818 Thanks
  • 683 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 07:36 PM

No, I ment if I wasnt broke, not the tractor.  Seems the post dropped the "I".    Mikie

• MGP59DB said thank you

#40 MGP59DB ONLINE  

MGP59DB
  • 1,486 Thanks
  • 710 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 08:28 PM

Nice tractors! I think one of those was tractor of the month, wasn't it? I went through the whole list at one point.

If you had kids your garage would be filled with bicycles, ride-on toys, and wagons. I'm capped at 3 GT's and one motorcycle due to space concerns. It's rewarding but can get frustrating from time to time.  :D

And thank you for offering up another neat tractor. I'm not sure how far you are from SW Ohio but I'd imagine it's quite a drive.

Yes , Rusty has been honored twice ToM !

LOL - I have a bicycle , 2 motorcycles , a wagon (for Dusty the Hoveroni) and my 'ride-on' toys .

I am looking at getting a bigger place , as soon as my brother moves here from Calif.(April) and gets settled we are going to find a place with land and a big pole barn.  

And yes SW Mich is a bit of a ride.

001 (12).jpg 004.JPG 004 (3).JPG

I got Rusty Dec. 2014 , First thing I collected , then it just got addicting. I just bought 2 more of the DB Suburbans still off-site.

The plan is to put together a DB showcase to bring to Tractor shows around the state. I am almost there. Just need the trailer and will be picking up a rotospader next Weds.

Not sure if you can tell , I like things with motors :smilewink:

Edited by MGP59DB, March 09, 2017 - 08:36 PM.

#41 chris937 OFFLINE  

chris937
  • 21 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 09:08 PM

Yes , Rusty has been honored twice ToM !

LOL - I have a bicycle , 2 motorcycles , a wagon (for Dusty the Hoveroni) and my 'ride-on' toys .

I am looking at getting a bigger place , as soon as my brother moves here from Calif.(April) and gets settled we are going to find a place with land and a big pole barn.  

And yes SW Mich is a bit of a ride.

attachicon.gif001 (12).jpgattachicon.gif004.JPGattachicon.gif004 (3).JPG

I got Rusty Dec. 2014 , First thing I collected , then it just got addicting. I just bought 2 more of the DB Suburbans still off-site.

The plan is to put together a DB showcase to bring to Tractor shows around the state. I am almost there. Just need the trailer and will be picking up a rotospader next Weds.

Not sure if you can tell , I like things with motors :smilewink:

Good, I'm not losing it (yet)! I like electric motors and engines alike. The more torque the better!

That looks like a geared hub motor on that tricycle. At one point I slapped a 1000w motor on an old Worksman trike that had been used in a nearby assembly plant. That was scary. It drifted at 20 mph on 3" balloon tires. Now I've built a much more stable bike for myself pushing 2500w and one for the fiance I down tuned to about 1200w. 

I'd like to find and restore a nice tractor (or tractors) for shows. That might have to wait a long while though. I'm busy working off student loans and paying on the mortgage when I should be starting college funds for the three kids. 

Dang it, I got way off topic here! lol

Edited by chris937, March 09, 2017 - 09:11 PM.

#42 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 1,548 Thanks
  • 1,254 posts

Posted March 10, 2017 - 07:31 AM

Finally got around to posting a picture, sorry for the delay.  

post-77049-0-18027600-1489148972.jpg    post-77049-0-69172300-1489148989.jpg

post-77049-0-12866800-1489149013.jpg    post-77049-0-07968800-1489149034.jpg

post-77049-0-08773500-1489149051.jpg

*Not too sure why they are sideways, but I apologize. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2783 (1).JPG
  • IMG_2784.JPG
  • IMG_2785.JPG
  • IMG_2786.JPG
  • IMG_2787.JPG

Edited by KennyP, March 10, 2017 - 08:03 AM.
Adjust Gravity

• KennyP and chris937 have said thanks

#43 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,067 Thanks
  • 44,089 posts

Posted March 10, 2017 - 08:04 AM

Phone pics do that!

• 637Yeoman and chris937 have said thanks

#44 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 1,548 Thanks
  • 1,254 posts

Posted March 10, 2017 - 08:05 AM

Phone pics do that!

Much obliged, thank you

#45 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,740 Thanks
  • 5,580 posts

Posted March 10, 2017 - 09:21 AM

Sorry for them hahaha just kidding.

Actually I got a good friend from Eaton, now lives in W. Alexandria. His Uncle, dad and him run the local GT pulling circuit, most pull days occur at uncles house.

• 637Yeoman said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted