Last year I brought home a steel table top, around an 1/8" thick. Had formed sides, nice top. Been trying to figure out legs for it. Fast forward to this morning. Cool and damp out, so I though I would burn the trash in the barrel. Watching that, I looked around and saw what I needed for legs. They are off an old table you bought in a box and put together. The wood top had went to termite heaven a long time ago. Looked them and the side pieces over and found there was enough there if I did some creative fabrication. Two sides would need pieced together. Not a problem! Got that done and cut the sides all to the same length. Slipped the parts together and put the top on it.
The legs originally had plastic feet that were 'adjustable'. That wouldn't work in my environment. Plus these were rusted together. A trip to the bolt bins found four 7/16" bolts and nuts. Cut 4 pieces of 1/8" strap and drilled holes through. Slid the bolts thru and tightened the nuts down. Tack welded the nuts. Then put the nut side into the square tube and applied weld. I have adjustable legs again!
Best part is that it will collapse into 9 pieces for easy storage. 8 in the pic plus the top.