Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

How many of you let other people borrow your equipment?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,515 Thanks
  • 7,378 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:55 PM

I don't loan tools except to a few friends. As others have said I would trust them with my life also. Most people don't respect and appreciate tools. They usually need to borrow because they don't know how to use it and I don't want anyone learning on my tools. One point that has been hinted around is that you could be liable for someone getting hurt by your tool. Never loan to anyone that says "its just a tool".

#47 Guest_rat88_*

• Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 08, 2012 - 08:33 PM

I wish I had read this topic 3 weeks ago. I let my neighbor use my main ZT mower to mow his yard. I told him it would need the battery charged. He started it up and got to his yard and shut it off. It wouldnt crank so he pull started it with his truck, twice. Blew out all 4 hoses and ran the oil tank dry. He put in some 30wt oil to get it back to my shop. $100 to get the hoses fixed, $140 in parts, the biggest part of 2 saturdays wasted and it still doesnt move. Now I am stuck using an old crappy yard machine that takes 5 hours to do the yard. Gonna have to bring the bat wing in to the shop and spend 4 hours bringing it back from the dead to mow the grass until I can get the Zt fixed