7 replies to this topic

#1 637Yeoman ONLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 1,543 Thanks
  • 1,249 posts

Posted March 04, 2017 - 06:22 PM

Hello, i have recently acquired an Artic Cat Lawn Lion. While i sadly dont have pictures at this point in time, i was wondering if any of you guys had any information on it. I have heard of the Grass Cats, but never of a Lawn Lion. I looked them up on the internet, and only found one with the grill style that mine has.  This is the only picture i can find of one, and it is an advertisement. Capture.PNG This tractor also coes equipped with a plow,Thanks for the help guys.

Edited by 637Yeoman, March 04, 2017 - 07:44 PM.

• Alc, Traill95 and propane1 have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,094 Thanks
  • 7,538 posts

Posted March 04, 2017 - 07:50 PM

Prrrrrfect Mufler, heh!   You get the drop down tailgate on a box in back??? Need pix of that.  It doesn't say Arctic Cat anywhere in this ad?  Looks pretty much like an MTD made tractor.  Didn't see HP, unless I missed that?  I once had a 10hp MTD that was similar if not same grill, think called Lawn King?  Had three point and variable speed drive.

That link below is pretty decent for pictures!  Not sure who got to pick that Pink/Purplish color for the line?  A nice Yellow or darker or just the plain old RED would have been neater.  These look like nice rigs, well built, have never seen one at shows I've been to. I might have to use that bed under seat idea on a couple of tractors I have, kinda neat.

Edited by glgrumpy, March 04, 2017 - 08:17 PM.

• boyscout862 and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#3 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 2,451 Thanks
  • 1,796 posts

Posted March 04, 2017 - 08:00 PM

Here is some interesting material to read.
http://www.bosscatle...protonstrac.htm

There might be a thread or 3 on the other forum too under Bonanza.

Edited by stiemmy, March 04, 2017 - 08:09 PM.

• Alc, drbish, Traill95 and 2 others have said thanks

#4 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,365 Thanks
  • 5,788 posts

Posted March 04, 2017 - 08:01 PM

Read the small print.   General Leisure Products Co. - one of the Arctic companies.   Not sure that is what is now known as Arctic Cat though.

• 637Yeoman said thank you

#5 637Yeoman ONLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • 1,543 Thanks
  • 1,249 posts

Posted March 04, 2017 - 08:15 PM

Read the small print.   General Leisure Products Co. - one of the Arctic companies.   Not sure that is what is now known as Arctic Cat though.

The grill says arctic cat on it, i can get a pic mid week when i pick it up. 

Prrrrrfect Mufler, heh!   You get the drop down tailgate on a box in back??? Need pix of that.  It doesn't say Arctic Cat anywhere in this ad?  Looks pretty much like an MTD made tractor.  Didn't see HP, unless I missed that?  I once had a 10hp MTD that was similar if not same grill, think called Lawn King?  Had three point and variable speed drive.

yessir it does have the tail gate, it has an 8 hp briggs in it, and on the grill it says arctic cat. on the fender it says it is made from arctic cat, but not in the same factory as the snowmobiles. some grass cats had rotary engines, which were made from arctic cat, while the frame and sheet metal may have been made by another company, such as mtd, much like alot of odd ball brands from around the 70's

• propane1 said thank you

#6 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,094 Thanks
  • 7,538 posts

Posted March 05, 2017 - 08:29 AM

Looking at the post above, the Silver ones look more like it. Rotary!  That's cool.  I was in auto mechanics school in 74, and they had an outboard in that class to run and discuss. WAS gonna be engine of future, but never caught on. I'll have to look around for one of these. NOT to buy, just to see.

#7 DZG OFFLINE  

DZG
  • Member No: 84305
  • 419 Thanks
  • 362 posts

Posted March 05, 2017 - 05:53 PM

lawn_lion1.jpg

Never heard of one myself, but heres a pic of one pulled from google, also a link to the thread about it...

http://www.mytractor...age=1&_k=tbli1d

Edited by DZG, March 05, 2017 - 05:58 PM.

#8 637Yeoman ONLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • 1,543 Thanks
  • 1,249 posts

Posted March 06, 2017 - 06:53 PM

lawn_lion1.jpg

Never heard of one myself, but heres a pic of one pulled from google, also a link to the thread about it...

http://www.mytractor...age=1&_k=tbli1d

Thats the exact tractor, but mine has a different grill, thanks for the picture

• DZG said thank you