7 replies to this topic

#1 ol' stonebreaker OFFLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Validating
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,688 Thanks
  • 1,148 posts

Posted March 04, 2017 - 02:52 PM

I've kept these in the vehicles for years and have been impressed by the LED versions. Checked online and found the kits on amazon for $7.95 and free shipping. It also came with a push button switch for the base. They're extremely bright so I'm happy to be able to keep the old lites and upgrade them.

Mike

• ducky, hamman, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 3,480 Thanks
  • 2,671 posts

Posted March 04, 2017 - 03:51 PM

Pics? Conversion kit # ? Please.
  • hamman and KennyP have said thanks

#3 ol' stonebreaker OFFLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Validating
  • 1,688 Thanks
  • 1,148 posts

Posted March 04, 2017 - 04:47 PM

Here ya go. Took me a little while to remember LED's are polarity sensitive. Plug it in and no worky, finally turned 180* and it worky,LOL!!

Mike

minimag 001 (Small).JPG

minimag 003 (Small).JPG

minimag 002 (Small).JPG

Edited by ol' stonebreaker, March 04, 2017 - 04:50 PM.

• Alc, hamman, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#4 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,836 Thanks
  • 6,063 posts

Posted March 04, 2017 - 07:53 PM

Mag lite's were good lights in their day.  I use the free ones from HF.  Have several around the house, vehicles and tool boxes.  Take 3 AAA bat.  7 LED's if I remember right.  Everything is going LED these days.

• hamman said thank you

#5 ol' stonebreaker OFFLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Validating
  • 1,688 Thanks
  • 1,148 posts

Posted March 04, 2017 - 10:19 PM

I got sold on the minimags when I was still working and mine fell out of my shirt pocket into a tank full of water 9 feet deep. I had to wait a week to empty the tank. Retrieved the lite, wiped it dry and unscrewed both ends. Not a drop of water inside.

Mike

• Alc, hamman and shorty have said thanks

#6 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 6,189 Thanks
  • 2,782 posts

Posted March 05, 2017 - 12:01 AM

I have the Mini Mag lights that are rechargeable. Came from Maglite back when the wife and I were police officers. They last a lifetime and work well. Bulbs go out from time to time but easy and cheap to replace. I checked to see if I could upgrade them to LED ad at the present they don't make a upgrade kit yet. That kit looks great. Thanks for sharing.                                                                                                                                                                    Roger

WELLLLL ......I have to edit this post,  I just checked these out and they will work with my minimags!!!!! Ordering a couple next week so we can get better light out of them. Thanks for letting us know about them.                                                                                                                  Roger

Edited by hamman, March 05, 2017 - 12:08 AM.

• TomLGT195 said thank you

#7 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,667 Thanks
  • 6,467 posts

Posted March 05, 2017 - 07:59 AM

I put one of the same upgrade units in my minimag.  I lost it shortly thereafter.  I have put led upgrades in my Streamlights.  I have done a stinger, ultra stinger and my SL-20.  All have improved them dramatically.  The only Streamlight I bought as an led was my strion.

• hamman said thank you

#8 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 6,189 Thanks
  • 2,782 posts

Posted March 05, 2017 - 10:38 AM

I put one of the same upgrade units in my minimag.  I lost it shortly thereafter.  I have put led upgrades in my Streamlights.  I have done a stinger, ultra stinger and my SL-20.  All have improved them dramatically.  The only Streamlight I bought as an led was my strion.

I have a Streamlight I used on duty for over 15 years. Then the SL -20 came out and we got those. I really like the old streamlight, it was bright enough that it was my go to distraction. I haven't seen the upgrade to LED for those yet so I will have to check it out. I have a flashlight from the 60s that I used on duty that is convertable from one cell D size to 5 cell D. I have the new LED bulb for it but I haven't upgraded it yet. Streamlight is the best light for my money. Just can't afford the new ones though. I did have a Stinger for a while jusdt before I retired and I liked it.                                                                           Roger