• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kiwirose2 OFFLINE  

Kiwirose2

• Member No: 3950
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted June 08, 2011 - 07:03 PM

Hello,my wife down loaded a service manual for me(772-4232) it is for our 2185 cadet,everything came through,except the appendix c which I really need.
I'm trying to figure out the colored wires that attached to the ignistion.
They are black(ground) blue(starter) red (power) and from there I'm lost.Also could someone explain which tangs are which on the back of the ignistion.
Thanks for all the help,there are a couple more questions but for now this is the main ones

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted June 09, 2011 - 06:28 AM

I wish I could help. The manuals are uploaded by other members & sometimes they are partials.

As for the pin out on the switch, many of them have markings next to the tabs. If so, the markings will be a big clue as to what goes where.

#3 Kiwirose2 OFFLINE  

Kiwirose2

• 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted June 09, 2011 - 06:45 AM

Thanks for the reply,thats what I was also thinking, there are numbers on the tangs,but as to what goes where,is anyones guess,I've got the black ground,blue starter figured out ,but from there there are to copper grounds side by side,and then two bottom silver tangs,also is there anyway of by passing the white safty reverse wire? Theres lots of backing up around our yard,and I don't want to put anymore strain on the clutch than I have too....thanks again for all the help......Bill

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 09, 2011 - 04:46 PM

It should be pretty easy to bypass the safety switch. Just need to determine if it completes the circuit or breaks the circuit to trip. I am guessing it is normally closed when in operation and when it is tripped it creates an open circuit. If that is the case then it will be really easy to bypass.

With that said, the normal safety and liability disclaimers apply and GTtalk nor I recommend removal of any types of safety devices and are not responsible for any damages.

#5 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 2,326 posts

Posted June 09, 2011 - 08:24 PM

Found this over at Parts Tree Parts and Diagrams for Cub Cadet 2185 Tractor S/N 239,001 - 326,005
Don't know if it will help.I'll try to find the Diagram for ya.

Oh it's in the Manuals section lol
http://gardentractor...d50b631205b5583

Edited by EricFromPa, June 09, 2011 - 08:31 PM.

#6 Kiwirose2 OFFLINE  

Kiwirose2

• 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted June 09, 2011 - 09:51 PM

Thanks alot for all your input and advice,I made alittle jumper wire for the safty switch under the seat a few years back,and it works great,but the one up under the tranny hump maybe alittle trickier,good call on the safty advice,if my kids were still young,I would'nt dream of by passing the wires,but they are on the way out the door.
Thanks for the link,we're still on dial up here on the farm,but my wife downloads anything we need at her work,if you don't mind,I'll keep posting on my progress, and maybe it'll help out someone else......Bill,in Alberta

#7 Kiwirose2 OFFLINE  

Kiwirose2

• 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted June 09, 2011 - 10:07 PM

Hi Eric I just went to the site you directed me to,and its saying I'm missing a sucurity token,not sure what thats means

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted June 09, 2011 - 10:24 PM

Usually it's either Explorer or a firewall or antivirus complaining that the site doesn't have enough info to verify it is malware free.

Did it give you an option to continue anyways?

#9 Kiwirose2 OFFLINE  

Kiwirose2

• 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted June 11, 2011 - 06:34 AM

Hi,all it said was that a sucurity token was invalid,and that I should discribe this to a site administrator and discribe the action I preformed before I recieved this error. All I did was click on the link on your post,I'll try to find the pages in the manual section,with the numbers you posted.....thanks

#10 DUHIS23 OFFLINE  

DUHIS23

• Member No: 2246
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted July 19, 2011 - 09:54 AM

This may help 772-4232
(http://
service.mtdproducts.com/Training_Education/772-4232/772-4232.htm#append)

Random site I found through google