Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Marathon week, scored a few brinley implements, wheel weights, and possibly a MF10!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

• Member No: 109
  • 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted March 30, 2010 - 12:32 AM

This past week or so was nuts...

Last Saturday, I spyed a MF8 Hydro setting a few miles west of here. The hood was still up after I spyed it the week before. Recon, revealed the engine was lying in the chassis haphazard, I hear the massey salvage vulture crying out as it swirls above. I will head by there this week to deliver a chevy pickup seat... and see if I can rescue the little 8.

Monday, I drove about an hour west of here after work to pick up a brinley plow I found on craigslist the night before. I ended up coming home with that and a chisel point that the seller hadn't listed yet, I still can't believe I found it close to home.

This Saturday, I went to a consignment auction, and managed to muscle out with a set of 60# cast iron rear wheel weights, the only marks on them are the number 615, they are orange, they aren't massey ferguson but fit the wheels. Anybody know what they fit?

Sunday, I went to another consignment auction. Didn't come home with anything to write home about.... Except, I talked to a guy who has a MF10 variable drive in his shed with a rod out the side of the block. I'm going to call him at the end of the week and see if I can look at it. It turned out to be stored 20 miles from my house! The guy who has it huals iron, but saved it as he collects JD110 round fenders. Hopefully, I can talk him out of it. I really want/need 1 more tractor!:bounce:

Edited by MF10 DIESEL, March 30, 2010 - 12:38 AM.

#2 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 50
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted March 30, 2010 - 12:43 AM

Yeah for some reason its raining tractors in our area.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 30, 2010 - 04:30 AM

Sounds like you did well.

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted March 30, 2010 - 02:43 PM

You definitely did good, it amazes me how it seems to rain old tractors and implements in different areas at different times.

#5 tractormike OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted March 30, 2010 - 09:30 PM

Congrats to you latest finds! It does seem like it's feast or famine when hunting old iron.

• Member No: 109
  • 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted March 31, 2010 - 12:48 AM

I have been waiting for several years for anything to turn up at all! Now, if only a cherry 77-87 Chevy K30 (1 ton 4x4) reg. cab factory big block truck would just turn up.

Here are the wheel weights I bought...

As for the rest of the tractors, I think pulltilbroke and myself are going out and about this weekend to try and get them bought up.

Posted Image

Edited by MF10 DIESEL, March 31, 2010 - 12:54 AM.